any info let me know please
thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
As I understand it - most Internet access using satellites - dishes are used only for reception (you can get two way communication but that is very expensive).

You still need to have a telephone connection to the ISP to request the site/file/service from the Internet this is then sent via the satellite to your receiver/PC.

If you could see the stream from satellites it would be like listening into some else's telephone conversation and would mean little to you.

I may be wrong but that's how I understand it....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you have it spot on there GB, apart from using stream grabbing software and capturing other people's downloads, there is nothing useful unless you pay for it.

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
ohh you cheeky monkey...everyone wants something for free these days...

Well, there is something called streamreader which can be used with a skystar2 to grab files from a satellite. As Gameboy says you are just tuning into what other people have requested via their ISP link, it could still be amusing though...

But please don't get to excited, all the posts I saw on here last year were rather negative about what could be obtained.

;)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yep - mostly cheap rubbish mature content and various virus/trojan combinations. By all means have a go, but have some industrial strength antivirus and spyware removal at your fingertips.

Rgds

L.:)

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
ooh Lord I sure wouldnt do that ! who knows what you will catch!