Internet by Satellite on 28.2/28.5 E

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This link passed on to me by a new member, Raring_to_go, Silvermead Satellite Broadband

It uses the Sky digital location so can be obtained by changing your LNB for a twin or quad and then adding, I presume a DVB card, although the site is not specific about the type.

Biggest problems with all of these services is the low download allowance (recommended) of 1.5Gig/month I believe, whereas most of the potential users are going to be P2P hounds {an extra .5Gig can be bought for what is expected to be £9.99.

A refreshing aspect of the service is the all inclusive aspect, they provide a terrestrial set fee ISP for the outgoing connection with a limit of 250 hrs/month, a hundred more than btinternets new allowance. £34.95 for the complete service........Not bad, providing that they can get round the speed penalties caused by heavy use.