Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I've tried a piece of software called LiveInet, which allows you to grab files from an internet stream.

It doesn't seem to work on my Hauppauge DVB-s card.

Anyone know of any other similar programs and where they can be found.

What services apart from EON are on Astra.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are several streams on Astra 19.2 east, but most of them are for unicast and require different software to decrypt. The multicasts are the ones to go for, Europe online is the main one, but there are twop or three others who multicast mature content, but again you need a smart card reader to decypher.

Rolf

P

PCHEAD

MasterLog suppports stream logging etc but I have not been able to make it work with my DVBs card.

PC Head.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try checking your settings against these http://www.broadbandsatellite.co.uk/Screenshots.zip, also there are several threads on settings of the main Sat IPs at http://pub75.ezboard.com/funofficalssfrm1 don't know how much luck you will have though.

Rolf

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I downloaded a copy of mlog but it looks so complicated, I couldnt get it to work. I've got a Hauppauge DVB-s rev2.1 running 2.08 drivers on WinXP.

The only version of LiveInet I got working is v889 and thats not very good. I can only manage to get files that are below about 32k,and rarely that. Usually get filesabout 5 or 6k. Why cant they create something that grabs huge downloads, like 500Mb???, now that would be cool.

A good piece of software is Multidec76. I can get channels that cannot be recieved by the Hauppauge software, i.e. lack of symbol rates etc and it's got good diseqc and a very good EPG and I can use my remote control on it. Cool.

BTW, I'm selling my DVB-s card, any offers welcome, I'm in London, but can mail if required.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Genie,

Try the thread Pent@vision below ,there are a couple of links that might help you sell your card, also if you go to the home page of this forum there is a sales and auction page.

I'd be interested to find out if the other piece of software you mention would work on the Pentavision, if you have a link I'd be obliged.

Rolf

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
LiveInet can be found on

http://CBArts.subzone.de

but I think it only works on Hauppauge/Siemens/Galaxis cards, try it.

Sorry I can't rememeber where I got Mlogger from.

There also some software call IP/Streamreader at

http://buerger.metropolis.de/sth-projekte

With these you can locate a sat ISP and download stuff that other people download. Doesn't work very well though, only small files downloaded, mainly mature content. Probably because they are all done by amatuers and are not programmed very well. Still interesting though. And if they carry on developing we may even get to see something that downloads properly.