Invacom brings,optical lightwaves Lnb`s!

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
yesterday,i get the information,that invavom brings,in Summer,a new tiype of lnbs,to the market,where is conected not buy a normal satelite cable,it is based,on lightwave technology,like a optical tox link cable,without any signal losts,not depents,how long the cable is!
sounds real amazing,i hope,that inacaom will also bring out cband lnbs with this new technology,a report,of this new models,are soon in the latest issue of tsi tele satelite magazines..

maybe,we must replace,all our lnbs very soon:)

casser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sugar antennas:)
My Location
Ilhéu das Formigas - Azores
Parabolic/offset dish´s in few years will also be replaced with new types of antennas..

We during decades used old formulas to build parabolic/offset dish´s, but in this last decade new developments in antennas simulating / material´s / method´s of constructing..allow to find antennas with less diameter can perform better than a equal dish diameter.

Example: a 25dBi conical Horn have the same performance than a 30dBi dish. With a 22,5dBi Conical Horn i was able to see a channel in a 54dBW satellite! No parabolic dish can accomplish this!

And this was accomplished using LNB´s for parabolic/offset dish´s, If a LNB was design to Conical Horn´s...better results should have.

People want new designs, smaller antennas, multibeam capable antennas...it will be a revolution on satellite antennas:)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Something like this perhaps? :)

_www.afcsat.com/SatelliteConicalHorn.html

Llew

Attachments

• CH14_MOT2.jpg
    CH14_MOT2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 55

casser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sugar antennas:)
My Location
Ilhéu das Formigas - Azores
Llew said:
Something like this perhaps? :)

_www.afcsat.com/SatelliteConicalHorn.html

Llew

something like this

This

i1731005_22405096sp3.jpg

21dBi; 22.5dBi; 24dBi:p

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Turok said:
Hello!
yesterday,i get the information,that invavom brings,in Summer,a new tiype of lnbs,to the market,where is conected not buy a normal satelite cable,it is based,on lightwave technology,like a optical tox link cable,without any signal losts,not depents,how long the cable is!
sounds real amazing,i hope,that inacaom will also bring out cband lnbs with this new technology,a report,of this new models,are soon in the latest issue of tsi tele satelite magazines..

maybe,we must replace,all our lnbs very soon:)

I don't think we will.:)

It will no doubt be very costly at the start, as a converter will be required on the receiver end as well.

For the long cable runs I can see it being of worthwhile benefit,but for the standard run, not necessary.

:):)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Fibreoptic has been used for years to overcome losses through a long length of cable, often used on satellite uplink sites.
Scopus technologies (if they haven't changed their name) is probably the one that I know best.

The transition between the IF downlink output and the incoming to the receivers tuner will suffer sloped attenuation dependent on the length and quality of the cable run, and the quality of connector fitting.

Whilst the design by Invacom is a welcome one, I fear the number of people buying will be governed by the advertising,rather than the need of overcoming the losses through an excessive length of cable .

Then you have the main cable manufacturers,who will probably dispel the need to ditch good old 75Ohm coaxial when it comes to domestic satellite systems.

But then this industry has always been driven by false advertising.