Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im hoping someone can suggest something here.

Setled down to watch the Arabsat 4A launch via the web stream this evening. When the stream started, the colours were all screwed up - as far as I could tell it was running negative image.

The stream was fine on my other halfs laptop, so we can discount problems with the webstream. So whats got changed to allow media player to run negative colours??

The only things that has been done to the computer since I last watched a webcast has been that I have been playing an oldish game on it (Dungeon Keeper) and Ive fitted a tv card (which is working fine)

Anyone got a suggestion s to how to fix this annoying problem?

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
sounds to me like its changed a graphics driver to accomodate game...try updating them back and u could also click properties on screen and see if its dropped ya colour to 8 bit etc..???

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Primary monitor settings are set to 32 bit. Secondary monitor not used.

Everything else appears to be working fine......

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
Got to be graphics then,,try seein if theres an update for your graphics drivers,,also could be something to do with directx so check u have latest one,,,i try to tend steering clear of old games as good as some of them are,,dungeon keeper was a fav funnily enough...im rabbiting...lol..problem is they change things such as graphics etc and newer stuff seems to be affected,,,what u could do is do a system restore to before game was put in and see if that fixes it,,then go from there,,,and if u want to play game start a new user off so it doesent affect settings of main windows :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think you are right - Ive run the test diagnostics on my tv card, and its failing on the driver. Sigh - all I wanted to do was slap a few dark mistresses about and torture them:D.

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
well do a system restore then setup another account on ya xp-then u can have best of both worlds and your drivers on one wont be affected by other;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Finally figured out what the problem was after much head scratching. Heres the result in the hope it might help someone in the future....

The drivers were fine,and interestingly a download of the Arabsat 4A launch off the ILS site plays fine in MP9.

I upgraded Media Player 9 to Media Player 10, and everything works nicely now... Must have been something in the way the streaming file works with MP9. Im happy now :)

and I think I can use my game again now.