Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Has anyone tried an Inverto MultiConnect System 3 and 4 satellite system versions? I'm very tempted to get a 4 sat version for an 80cm dish. I was just wondering if it is as good as they claim and what those thin 23mm Inverto LNBs are like in general.

I've looked at the system and it looks very good, should easily cope with the 13/16/19 East satellite group. Inverto LNBs are excellent, give it a try.:)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
someone said:
I've looked at the system and it looks very good, should easily cope with the 13/16/19 East satellite group. Inverto LNBs are excellent, give it a try.:)

Thanks to whoever posted/edited the above in my original post! (It wasn't me!!?) If I end up getting the kit I'll post some details here.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Unless I'm going mad of course and have been posting and replying to myself at the same time...:-ohmy

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
My Inverto MultiConnect system and LNBs arrived today and I had a play with them inside to see how it all fits together. So far I'm impressed, now I need to try it outside on a dish and see how it actually performs with signals. I will update this thread again in a few weeks when it up and running with some pics.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Look forward to it :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks to whoever posted/edited the above in my original post! (It wasn't me!!?) If I end up getting the kit I'll post some details here
Ah, I see what happened, instead of replying to your first post, I hit edit.:-rofl2

So it was me.:)

Been thinking of buying a kit to try for myself.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
rolfw said:
Ah, I see what happened, instead of replying to your first post, I hit edit.:-rofl2

So it was me.:)

Phew, so I wasn't going mad. ;)

I shall report back once it is up and running. It'll be set up with an 80cm clear plastic dish.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
Not installed it yet?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
daro2096 said:
Not installed it yet?

Not yet, although I hope to have a play with it tomorrow. Probably won't get a chance to install it properly until later in January although if the temperature gets too cold, -10C to -20C I might think twice... ;)

I will report back when I have some info though, promise.

Merry Christmas! :-HoHo

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
A quick report back as promised. I've had a chance to play about with the Inverto MultiConnect system, so far I've got Astra 2, Astra 1, and Hotbird on an 80cm dish. I plan to try and get a couple more satellites if I can squeeze them in.

It's very easy to set up (it even comes with approximate degree marks on the bracket so you know where to place the LNBs initially) and the construction and design of the holder and LNBs is impressive. The LNBs can move up and down, and tilt a little left and right, and skew. Actually as there are so many ways the LNBs can move you are left wondering if it's in the best position.

Reception isn't great for me, but I'm not working with very favourable conditions. It's not a bracket issue. The dish is a bit small for my location (Helsinki, Finland) for multisat reception but it's the biggest I can go on the west facing polarised glassed-in balcony...

When I've finished installing the dish properly I'll post some pics with the final satellite list received.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Nice result, look forward to it.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
OK, not quite finished but here are some photos of the setup so far. Still need to tidy up the cables but basically I got the following satellites on an 80cm clear dish in Helsinki using the Inverto MultiConnect system on a balcony with polarised glass (horizontal signals only when windows closed!!) and obstructions...

Astra 28.2°E - 2A and 2B North beam strong, Eurobird Steerable 1 beam just above threshold, nothing else

Astra 23.5°E - Most channels from 1E and 1G strong, nothing from Astra 3A

Astra 19.2°E - All channels strong

Hotbird 13°E - All channels medium signal quality

Eurobird 9°E - Nothing, might have to give up on this. (This LNB is currently holding together a home made bracket for the Sirius LNB!)

Sirius 4.8°E - Nordic beams medium signal quality, haven't done a full scan yet but I suspect nothing else. (This LNB is fixed to the bracket with an extra bit of home made bracket as it's strictly speaking off the manufacturer's limits)

I also have a Sqish flat panel pointing a Intelsat 10-02/Thor 3/5/6 1°W with medium signal quality and a log periodic aerial pointing over the sea towards Estonia to pick up their DVB-T signals.

All these are connected to a EMP-Centauri P.168-W V2 DiSEqC 8 way multi switch and I used a Technomate TM1500+ as the test receiver.

Surprisingly, I couldn't see much difference in signal levels with the switch in or out, even though it's quoted as having a 5dB insertion loss. I also didn't notice much difference between Astra 2 in the centre feed or offset by 9° - certainly not enough to make me sacrifice missing out on some of the most westerly satellites.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 302
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 360
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 286

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Excellent, looking good.:)

edbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Eygelshoven NL
is looking good, but how is the signal behind the glass ???

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Reception behind the glass is not great, but it could be worse...

I started a thread about my first experiences when testing on the balcony last October here:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...827-odd-satellite-reception-behind-glass.html

Basically, I get 0% signal on vertically polarised transmissions and about 80-90% of the available signal on horizontal transmissions. I can quite happily watch most horizontal channels which I was surprised at considering the steep angle I need to look through to see the satellites, it's just a shame the vertical channels are not there at all.

I have tried to contact the glass manufacturer to see if they can supply non-polarised/non-tinted glass panels but so far they have ignored my emails and I haven't had time to phone. It would be nice to be able to fix this as the dish is nicely protected from the wind, rain and snow at the moment behind the glass, especially as the balcony is 80m off the ground and on the coast.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you have the time/money/permission you could look into radio transparent glass replacement. I think that polycarbonate might be suitable but you'd have to check with those who really know.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
I've been using the Inverto MultiConnect System for a while now and have found it to be pretty good overall but the LNBs that come with it are pretty standard and due to the weak signals being received by my dish it can be a bit problematic.

Today I bought a twin output Inverto Black Ultra LNB after good reviews on this forum and compared it to a twin output white 23mm Inverto MultiConnect LNB on 28.2E. Here are the results using a Technomate 6900 as the receiver measuring the quality for each transponder.

Code:
First percentage is the Black Ultra LNB, the second is the original 23mm MultiConnect LNB.

Eurobird Steerable 1 Beam
D1S S1	11.469GHz/H	49%	42%
D3S S1	11.508GHz/H	48%	42%
D5S S1	11.546GHz/H	47%	39%
D7S S1	11.585GHz/H	48%	41%
D9S S1	11.623GHz/H	46%	38%
D11S S1	11.662GHz/H	42%	2%

Astra 2A/2B North Beam
03 2A N	11.758GHz/H	76%	73%
07 2A N	11.836GHz/H	69%	68%
11 2A N	11.914GHz/H	73%	70%
15 2B N	11.992GHz/H	79%	79%
19 2B N	12.070GHz/H	75%	72%
23 2A N	12.148GHz/H	73%	68%
27 2A N	12.226GHz/H	75%	70%
31 2B N	12.304GHz/H	81%	77%
35 2B N	12.382GHz/H	71%	66%
39 2B N	12.460GHz/H	73%	69%

I can only receive the the above transponders but as you can see the Black Ultra has significant improvements on the signals. A signal of around 41% or below starts to break up on my TM6900 and the Pace 2600C1 so the Black Ultra brought in quite a few channels above the threshold and even revealed some new ones from 11.662GHz/H plus allowed for more rain fade.

As the results where so good I made a home-made bracket to fit the Black Ultra on the frame of the MultiConnect bar. I shall add some pictures later.

Incidentally, I also compared the Inverto Black Ultra to the a white Sharp 0.3dB single output LNB. In the past I've found these Sharp LNBs have outperformed anything else I've compared it with and swear by them for fringe reception. I would say that the Sharp compared to the Black Ultra, usually within 1%. As the Sharp is now hard to get hold of and is only made in a single output version I think the Black Ultra will be an excellent replacement.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Quite impressive, particularly the Eurobird figures. Good to have some test results, as I'm considering getting that LNB.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location