Advice Needed Inverto Unicable LNB - which model?

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Linux Server (Running Openmediavault for OS and TVHeadend for PVR).
Internal TV Tuner Cards - Hauppauge HVR-2200 (Dual DVB-T) & Hauppauge Nova HDS2 (DVB-S2)
Server connected to multiple Raspberry Pis (running Librelec) via Gigabit Network.
My Location
Essex, England
Hello.

I am after a Unicable LNB and have decided to go with Inverto.

The problem is that there are a number of options with very similar model numbers on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverto-QU...d=1519911988&sr=8-1&keywords=inverto+unicable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverto-Id...d=1519911988&sr=8-2&keywords=inverto+unicable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverto-54...d=1519911988&sr=8-3&keywords=inverto+unicable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unicable-P...=1519911988&sr=8-15&keywords=inverto+unicable

What difference is there, if any, and what should I go for?

I am going to be using the LNB with a Digibit R1 SAT-IP Server.

Many thanks.

A

Archive7

I bought this model which is similar to the first item in your list
The -opp means without a splitter but mine came with a 2-way splitter inside.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00GKPK4AK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With one cable going down, you can connect 4 different receivers in other rooms using a 4 way splitter like this one
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000KPWKRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The legacy 2 LNB outputs can be used to connect to 2 receivers that might not have support for Unicable.
The last item on your list can connect 24 receivers but you will probably need extra hardware which is not cheap.
If six receivers is good for you, then use the one similar to what I ordered.
Good luck. It is a beautiful LNB

A

Archive7

Oh now I remember your post few months ago.
The Digibit R1 SAT-IP Server doesn't need a splitter, as the switching is done inside. Only the cable connected to the Unicable output.
You can still use the legacy outputs if you need to connect to receivers that have support for a CI CAM or a smartcard that work with subscription packages.

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Internal TV Tuner Cards - Hauppauge HVR-2200 (Dual DVB-T) & Hauppauge Nova HDS2 (DVB-S2)
Server connected to multiple Raspberry Pis (running Librelec) via Gigabit Network.
My Location
Essex, England
Thanks ever so much for that - really helpful.

I also e-mailed Inverto directly, before posting on here, and they have since confirmed that the model numbers specify
whether the LNB supports the following combinations:

"1 LNB 1X Legacy 1X Unicable
2 LNB 2X Legacy 1 X Unicable
3 LNB 2X Legacy 1 X Unicable + Splitter"

The three models I posted above:

QUDL42 UNI2L 1PP
QUDL42 UNI2L 0PP
QUDL42 UNR2L 1PP

As you say, 1PP means comes with a spliter and 0PP means without.

The 2L must signify two legacy ports.

What do you think the difference between UNI and UNR is? Do you think that it is a typo?

A

Archive7

What do you think the difference between UNI and UNR is? Do you think that it is a typo?
I shouldn't worry about it.
It seems that Inverto has discontinued these unicable models and now have only the Unicable II versions.
Inverto.tv
I also tried to find the data sheets for you to download but they don't have it any more.
Please check this as well and if you can't find them, then please ask Inverto why they are not showing these unicable models any more in their website?
I have the file but it is too large to upload here. See next post

Last edited by a moderator:

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, England
Thank you - really appreciate that.

Have ordered QUDL42 UNI2L 0PP now and cannot wait to give it a try.

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Thank you - really appreciate that.

Have ordered QUDL42 UNI2L 0PP now and cannot wait to give it a try.
Report back with your findings, a few of us are interested to know how well the Unicable perform :)

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
For the use you want, it does not matter if you have legacy exits, if you have a future use, perfect.
All in general have similar characteristics (Inverto).
Remember to buy for the receiver where you will use it, a 1x4 splitter with power supply if the tuner does not have an internal loop.

In general, I do not have them, but I am in contact with 2 colleagues who have the one you bought and also the programmable one of 32SCR.
The sensitivity does not indicate it, it only says maximum 1dB of noise figure, if we compare with its normal brothers, the IBU of0.2dB that has a maximum of 0.7dB., We think that they really are 0.5dB of noise figure.

An important point, they are not worth to do blind search of channels.
They are very slow in the response, the receiver using orders "DiSEqC" asks the LNB to send such frequency (band and polarity), before it responds, the receiver already asks for another frequency, after doing a blind search in Astra 19E , it only finds 88 channels of 1438 channels that the satellite has.

If you perform a normal / manual search by tp of the list that you have, you will not have problems.
The limitation of the SR has the tuner of the receiver (minimum SR1000), I can confirm that up to SR1660 (BOM channel) works well.
In general when changing channels if there is only one tuner feeding the LNB, you can say for a few seconds "no signal", but you quickly have a signal,

The programmable unicable LNB (24/32) is cheaper and can be more interesting.
You have to confirm with the store that they are programmed from the factory with the features of 24 / 32SCR, the first series of a few years ago are not factory programmed and if they send you one of these does not work.
Ask the programmer is nonsense for one (€ 150).

Topic consumption, those of 4SCR is normal, even with motor.
The programmable is 400mAmp maximum, plus 350mAmp peak engine (250mAmp in normal movement), is well above the 400-500mamp that have the receivers.
In the tests with programmable 32SCR and receiver with tuner FBC (4+4 tuner) with motor, it does not burn anything, the companion that has it does not have equipment to really see the consumption of the LNB+the motor.
I said, since I do not burn and it's already going for 1 month, we think that more than 1 tuner feeds the whole.

I have Megasat Unicable II Diavolo 24SCR. for the VU + Ultimo4K and also for the VU + DUO2.
----------------
Para el uso que quieres, da igual que tenga salidas legacy, si tienes planteado un futuro uso, perfecto.
Todos en general tienen similares caracteristicas (Inverto).
Recuerda comprar para el receptor donde lo utilizaras, un repartidor de 1x4 con paso de alimentacion si no tiene bucle interno los tuner.

En general, no los tengo, pero estoy en contacto con 2 compañeros que tienen el que compraste y tambien el programable de 32SCR.
La sensibilidad no la indica, solo dice maximo 1dB de figura de ruido, si comparamos con sus hermanos normales, los IBU de0.2dB que tiene como maximo 0.7dB., pensemos que realmente son de 0.5dB de figura de ruido.

Un punto importante, no valen para hacer busqueda ciegas de canales.
Son muy lentos en la respuesta, el receptor usando ordenes "DiSEqC" le pide al LNB que le mande tal frecuencia (banda y polaridad), antes de que responda, el receptor ya pide otra frecuencia, despues de hacer una busqueda ciega en Astra 19E, solo encuentra 88 canales de 1438 canales que tiene el satelite.

Si realizas una busqueda normal/manual por tp de la lista que tengas, no tendras problemas.
La limitacion del SR la tiene el sintonizador del receptor (minimo SR1000), puedo confirmar que hasta SR1660 (canal BOM) funciona bien.
En general al cambiar de canal si solo hay un tuner alimentando el LNB, puede decir durante unos segundos "sin señal", pero rapidamente tienes señal,

El LNB unicable programable (24/32) es mas barato y puede ser mas interesante.
Tienes que confirmar con la tienda que estan programados de fabrica con las carasteristicas de 24/32SCR, las primeras series de hace unos años no estan programadas de fabrica y si te mandan uno de estos no funciona.
Pedir el programador es tonteria para uno (150€).

Tema consumo, los de 4SCR es normal, incluso con motor.
El programable son 400mAmp maximo, mas 350mAmp de pico del motor (250mAmp en movimiento normal), esta muy por encima de los 400-500mamp que tienen los receptores.
En las pruebas con 32SCR programable y receptor con tuner FBC (4+4 tuner) con motor, no se quemo nada, el compañero que lo tiene no tiene equipo para ver realmente el consumo del LNB + el motor.
Lo dicho, como no se quemo y ya va para 1 mes, pensamos que mas de 1 tuner alimentan el conjunto.

Tengo Megasat Unicable II Diavolo de 24SCR. para el VU+Ultimo4K y tambien para los VU+DUO2.

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, England
Report back with your findings, a few of us are interested to know how well the Unicable perform :)

Further to the above, I am reporting back with an update.

I currently have a Zone1 Minidish, which I knew used a different feedhorn to that of the Unicable LNB (i.e. I would need to replace the Minidish with a round one).

However, I had read that, in practice, that you can still use Minidishes.

For the cost of £4.99 (the cost of a replacement LNB holder), I thought I would take the chance.

I am really glad I did as I put the new LNB on and without any fine adjustments to skew, I got a 100% signal.

I have had no problems since and now getting four satellite signals over my network - really pleased.

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Further to the above, I am reporting back with an update.

I currently have a Zone1 Minidish, which I knew used a different feedhorn to that of the Unicable LNB (i.e. I would need to replace the Minidish with a round one).

However, I had read that, in practice, that you can still use Minidishes.

For the cost of £4.99 (the cost of a replacement LNB holder), I thought I would take the chance.

I am really glad I did as I put the new LNB on and without any fine adjustments to skew, I got a 100% signal.

I have had no problems since and now getting four satellite signals over my network - really pleased.
I've wondered about this, is the Zone 1/2 dish that are now supplied with a Unicable LNB different to the previous dishes?
Or do the Sky Unicable LNB's have the correct feedhorn and work fine, as I'm looking at Sky Q LNB's on eBay.
Great news though, sounds that's working well. I aim to fit a Unicable LNB to my 28.2 dish at some point.