"invisible" dishes - any good

fluff34567

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
UNKNOWN
My Location
SWITZERLAND
Hello,

I would like to get an "invisible" dish like this _http://sat-parts.8k.com/SEETHRU.jpg .

Are they as good as a normal dish or is signal quality lower?

I would like a clear dish due to the building regulations ie no one must be able to see it.

many thanks in advance

rob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They are generally and I say generally, as I haven't tried them all, as good as a low to medium quality steel/aluminium dish. They are not truly transparent though, they will blend in better than a standard dish, but then a standard dish can always be painted to match the background.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
My clear (Metronic) dish arrived last week and I must say I am impressed by its appearence, very discreet, just hope it performs ok once I get around to bolting it to the house!

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
Hi fluff, what do yo want to receive and how big a dish would you need? Often a parabol in the classic sense is not neccesary. There are flat antennas (you can build wonderful birdhouses out of them,have one wall facing south the antenna and the other wall plywood as well as the floor) as well as garden or wall lights with hidden antennas inside.
You can also take a classic antenna and lay it flat on the floor,just have the arm sticking up, it works perfectly well and is not visible from the outside (put an artificial plant araund the arm and it looks like a flowerpot from the outside,we installed a 1.4m like that)

Greetings
Chris