IP 9000HD Questions

Sonnenkind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP BOX9000HD
My Location
Isle of Wight
Hi, I have finally got my box connected to my router via ethernet, I have downloaded PC Editor 1.2.57, my box is connected auto DCHP so it has it's own IP address. I can't get any further, I can't connect to the editor or download channels etc I have no ID or password. The box runs the latest DB image so can anyone tell me how to connect. Also how to you transfer files from my PC connected via WiFi to my HDD or to watch via the PC.
Thanks in Advance

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
Well done so far, but first things first. You will need to set up your ftp/telnet access in the settings options (see attachment image below)

password: root
username: relook

This should allow you to download the channel list.

You can use any ftp program to access the drive. I use Cuteftp.

The folder layout takes some getting used to, but the media folder give access to the files stored on your hard drive. Programme recordings are stored in the divx folder.

I suggest you go to the Cuberevo website and download the user guide and have a good read up. Also, you'll find a lot of help on the Denktenk forum. If you are not used to a Linux system, it does take a learning cure to get your head round. But the ip9000HD is a fantastic box with stunning quality picture, you made a good choice. I love mine.

Attachments

• relook.jpg
    relook.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 100

Sonnenkind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP BOX9000HD
My Location
Isle of Wight
Thanks thecaretaker, I have now got connected to PC Editor so can now download channel and Sat list but I need to use Filezilla (FREE!) for transferring files from my PC to the box although when I do this it invariably gives me a large lip sync problem. Also with this DB (11421) it seems to freeze and mysteriously turn itself on during the night, is the Enigma Image any better? and even if it is I understand there are issues with using FTP's with it.
I have had this box for about 2 years now but have never used it properly but your right the picture is stunning.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Personally I don't like the Enigma 2 image. Have tried it a few times from a couple of teams, but it hasn't been stable enough with frequent green screen crashes so is no good for the wife and son. I also always found it slow.

I do like the VDR image, but unless I can pursuade it to work with my motor it's a no go.

For day to day usage I always end up using a DGS based image because it normally just works. I'm currently using the NLB-11992 image based on DGS and haven't run a DGS provided image since getting the box and flashing it.

To watch TV on your PC make sure you have VLC (1.1 or higher, i think) installed and then put the IP address of the Cuberevo in your browser. Within the Remote tab there is a web-tv page that will stream live tv and allow you to change channel, or watch a different channel to the tv if you have 2 tuners installed.

Sonnenkind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AB IP BOX9000HD
My Location
Isle of Wight
Hi Nelbert, thanks for the info, my current problem is connecting to the web interface I've used all the passwords that it should be but still can't connect, my FTP progs connect fine any ideas?.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
For the web interface try
user: relook
pass: relook

Not 100% sure if that's the default, it's been so long since I ran a manufacturer image on it.

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
If you have a DGS manufacturers firmware, then the user is: root and password relook. I do know some images like NLB and Sifteam have changed them.

As for images, the latest image by Pacco PGI0.7 does away with passwords. You might like to give that a try. Lots of neat features also built in. It also has a Youtube player, rss reader and weather built into the firmware (not plugins).
_http://www.dreambox.info/dreamboxdb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4302