Ipod

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Anyone know how to import music from a friends ipod onto my computer. When i connect it it says do you want to import music from this library (mine) to the ipod, I dont want this because his ipod will be deleted and my songs will go onto it. I have tried to import it but cant find the mass storage device (usuall on e drive) listed on my computer. Anyone got a solution for this or cant it be done.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
john_graydon said:
Anyone know how to import music from a friends ipod onto my computer. When i connect it it says do you want to import music from this library (mine) to the ipod, I dont want this because his ipod will be deleted and my songs will go onto it. I have tried to import it but cant find the mass storage device (usuall on e drive) listed on my computer. Anyone got a solution for this or cant it be done.
I do not know about ipods John but are connecting via bluetooth or cable?
If blue tooth I may be able to help

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If you're using iTunes (available on PC) you should be able to load his tunes to that, then re-save them to your iPod.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
If you're using iTunes (available on PC) you should be able to load his tunes to that, then re-save them to your iPod.
Using i tunes, but cant get them to load. Can see them on screen but it wont let you click on them because the banner "this ipod is not linked to this computer, would you like to replace the songs on the ipod with the songs from this library" when i press no the mass storage divice disappears from my computer. So cant save the songs from his ipod to my i tunes. Nothing on i tunes website about importing music from other ipods only cds.

Topper using the ipods cable from ipod to usb.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
john_graydon said:
Nothing on i tunes website about importing music from other ipods only cds.

To transfer music from your iPod to your PC, download and use a program called iPod Agent, downloadable here:

_www.iPodsoft.com

Then it is just a matter of adding the music to iTunes.

Hope this helps

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
john_graydon said:
"this ipod is not linked to this computer, would you like to replace the songs on the ipod with the songs from this library"

LOL, don't you just love screen messages like that. :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rolfw said:
LOL, don't you just love screen messages like that. :)
Imagine if you didnt read the message and hit yes...My Life would not be worth living. 35gb of music on his compared to 1.6gb on mine.

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you're using a Mac, there's software to do it - I think its called something like ipodRIP. Not sure what's available for PCs.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bobed said:
If you're using a Mac, there's software to do it - I think its called something like ipodRIP. Not sure what's available for PCs.
Yes seen that too. I Pod liberator does it too.