IR Link receiver

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think Ive asked a few people before but now Im rather desperate

SomebodyIve been working with now has a motorised system in their house and an Sky Digi Grundig box that they do not wish to keep paying for.

Since the remote links (Global) are already in the house in six places, with a through line UHF amplifier in the roof, and the old digibox worked well, I was hoping to utilise the same system for the steerable dish, but for love nor money can I find anything that fits in pace of the Sky box.

1) Is there any receiver out there that allows the IR links that have been fitted by the previous company to be used so they can change channels in other rooms . I dont want to start playing round with the aerial cabling, nor go to the expense of changing it all (its not my job mate), or
2) has anyone been able to tap off the incoming IR signal and sensor from the digibox and used it to drive the remote and sensor of another receiver ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure whether the Triax and Labgear link systems will work with the amp, but it may be the only option, as I don't think that there is a receiver capable of utilising the Sky type TVlink.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Apparently Global is releasing something in about four weeks time , so all may not be lost

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Look forward to seeing the informarion. :)