Irdeto Allcam or Irdeto Freecam?

D

dockerslund

Hi!
I need some help.
What's best?
Irdeto Allcam or Irdeto Freecam?
Are there different versions of the cams?
Which one should I get?
I want to watch as many channels, especially the ones with football!!!

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
You ideally want a cam with Freecam version 2.108 loaded, or else one which can be upgraded to this software. To do the upgrade you will need a laptop and download the SW. Most Irdeto Allcams are upgradable, but not all and you can damage your cam if you try to flash (upgrade) the wrong one. Other members have posted very complete description on which model numbers are or are not flashable.

With freecam you will be able to see pretty much all the footy.

Doodler

D

dockerslund

Thanx for the answer!
Is it true that I won't be able to use a Freecam, when the channels begin to send in Viaccess 2, Irdeto 2 etc ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well certainly not until new files are written, I would hold off buying anything at the moment.

Rolf

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Actually, good point by ROLFW; it is uncertain whether freecam will work with new encryption methods but most people seem to be betting that the cam itself should be ok, as these new encryptions are being implemented by official providers by card exchange only. As for using unofficial cards, most definitely the currently available hexes will not work with new encryptions.

It is possible that the artificially high price for irdeto-patchable cams will come down due to uncertain value when a number of providers switch to the -2 variants, until/unless new hexes appear. That might be a good time to buy!

On the other hand (1): Right now is when you will get maximum value out of a freecam investment, as there is a huge number of channels available now.

On the other hand (2): if you want certainty, go for an official Sky subscription and a digibox!

Doodler

D

dockerslund

Thanx for your answers.
I think I'll wait a bit, and then reconsider it later.