irdeto cam 901633

J

jarwha

I programmed an IRDETO 901633 CAM (v0.07B softcell ver.2.06:cool:
into FREECAM 2-018.
With EMM=ON (goodies menu) IRDETO works well.
However when EMM=OFF and puting a FUN card into the CAM, the
CAM doesn't recognise the card
(The card works well in a Magic Cam)
What's wrong??

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
How did you program this cam ?

Interesting this cam normally requires the removal of the flash LQFP package, and even then it is normal that it can only be flashed to a Alpacrypt Eurocam platform etc. Is is not normal to be able to flash this cam to a freecam ! Your cam is based upon the Eurocam platform and to the best of my knowledge can not be programmed to a Freecam?

I believe that your cam remains still a standard Irdeto cam, please could you check your cam information using your recievers menu and then provide the detials of the information that is reported.

Then hopefully we can try to help further

Old Satellite

J

jarwha

Hi,

Hereby somthing about the IRDETO CAM

FRONT side:
" irdeto access
a mindport conditional access c."

BACK side:
" This PC-card......

rev.1.1 F/W 0.07B

14 digit number
. Keep away from..
. Do....
. Keep...

Manufactured by SCM MICROSYSTEMS
DVB number 001608"

If I remember correct (I reprogrammed the CAM, so I can't check it)
the receiver showed the following about the CAM

4.7SE
Softcell Ver2.0B(CI) NEC-IChip Compiled 25 jun 1999

I programmed the CAM with my laptop and the standard software.

Dave G

Reaction score
As I have posted before I don't believe this CAM is a Eurocam.

Internally it is very similar to older versions of the CAM and some people have reported that they are running Freecam and/or that they are flashable. (In fact jarwha must be running Freecam otherwise he would not have a Goodies menu.) When new from the factory all (most?) of the CAMs have the flash chip protected but dealers are replacing the chip with an unprotected one thus making them functionally identical to the older CAMs.

I have a non-flashable 901633 and I am currently attempting to convert it myself. I have opened the CAM and removed the flash chip. I am now building a flash programmer to reprogram the chip and when I have reassembled it I will report back,

Dave.

hjg

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Most new FREECAMS currently on sale have this Part No and have been 'got-at' before getting to the retail seller.
When I got mine I queried the 'flashability' with the supplier (because of the Part No) who confirmed that it had been re-chipped.
I flashed it to 2.018 myself.

J

jarwha

I looked at the CAM but couldn't see that it was opened.
However the 2-018 refuses to see my FUNCARD3 (AT90S8515 chip)
The satus-menu showes: No Card

What could be the reason???

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-May-02 AT 03:36 PM (GMT)]Check out also the links below for further information also on Cams

http://prgh.freehosting.net/

http://www.lefdata.com/ci_ca/

Try the files from Phills site etc for the for freecam they should work fine.

Old Satellite

EZo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I found 901633 only as Irdeto CAM. There is inside flash AM29F002NBT or AM29F002BT. CAM is possible update only by removing chip.
I use my own programmer EZoflash , simplified Willem programmer.
I think there is wrong information in some www lists, that 901633 is Irdeto Eiro or Irdeto with 27C512.
Very often you can find 901633 in shops as updated in Allcam 4.6SE or FreeCam. Next update is available then with PC. Not always you can recognise CAM opening.