Irdeto CAM

englander

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have recently purchased an Irdeto CAM.

CAM details P/N 901275 Rev 1.1

Whenever the CAM is inserted into either my Samsung 9500 or Strong 4355 receivers it causes occasional freezing of the pictures or the pictures break up into small squares.

This is on any channel be it Irdeto or not or whether or not a card is inserted into the CAM.

Not sure about my Strong 4355 but I know for sure that my Samsung 9500 is running the latest software etc.

Any ideas on whats going wrong !

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Sounds like a dicky CAM.

Your CAM is a "Euro" CAM. They can be reflashed (albeit by opening the CAM and removing the flash chip). I wonder whether it has been and somehow damaged in the process. What details does the CAM menu report? I think the original spec for that CAM was as follows:
901275 - Euro/Irdeto-II CAM
- Irdeto v01.06
- softcell ver. 2.09; compiled 12/Oct/2000

Or maybe it is not making clean contact with the CAM slot connector.
You could try cleaning the CAM contacts. EG give it a good blow to remove any dust and bring some colour to its cheeks.

2old

englander

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had a look and found the CAM details to be exactly as you quote.

Gave the CAM a "good blow" to but still the same problems.

Any other tests or things I can try ?

Your help is very much appreciated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
- try that CAM in a different receiver
- try another CAM in the problematic receivers
IE try to determine whether it's the CAM alone or the receivers alone that's causing the problem.

Fact that it's a problem on two receivers strongly suggests a CAM problem, but worth checking anyway.

What kind of card(s) have you tried, and with which software/hexes loaded? Do you have access to an official Irdeto MOSC (eg the fairly widely available blue Dutch Multichoice card)? Perhaps it is a problem caused by unstable software on the card - at least when used in combination with your particular receivers and their firmware. And although this is unlikely due to the fact the problem ocurrs even without a card inserted, it's worth noting that the EuroCAM is not designed to work without a card (unlike the FreeCAM) - so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that the mere fact of having a cardless CAM inserted might cause something funny on your particular receivers. I have never tested that. Therefore worth testing with a real MOSC or at least with some different hobby card.

2old