IRDETO decoding program?

Omega

Reaction score
Hi, Ive just got a DVB-S card, and im trying to get the encrypted channels off Panamsat8 in the Ku band, but i think they are encrypted with IRDETO, and whenever i try and play them in the softwarethat came with my card, VisionDTV, it just says Error, channel scrambled. Or some such message.

I was just wondering if there was a program like DScaler or HVC or HNCPlus that will decode/unscrample the encrypted signal?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If these are the channels on 12686 H, then they are in Irdeto2 and cannot be decrypted unless you have a legitimate subscription card.

Omega

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If these are the channels on 12686 H, then they are in Irdeto2 and cannot be decrypted unless you have a legitimate subscription card.
Hmm, im not sure but i dont think they are on H. If they arnt IRDETO2, can they be decrypted using a program? And what other enryption can be decrypted via software and DVB-S card?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look HERE you will see what your channels are encrypted with.

As a rough guide, any encryption which has a 2 after it is only available with a subscription.

Omega

Reaction score
Okay i looked up most of the channels, and they say either PowerVU, DVB, or Videoguard.

Where does that leave me?

Omega

Reaction score
Actually it has come to my attention that perhaps the dish has been moved, and it should be pointing at Optus C1 http://www.lyngsat.com/optusc1.shtml it is the Austar Feed, and it says DVB, Irdeto 1, Irdeto 2 as encryption. So it seems its a mix of all 3. But to get these i will have ot movie my dish.

What can i use to software decrypt the channels Irdeto 1 ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can use programs such a ProgDVB or MyTheatre, they both have softcam plugins, they are aimed at the European market, so you will need to add your own key files.

dai

Reaction score
c1 is virtually all 2 now wipeing out the v1 pirate cards

Omega

Reaction score
rolfw said:
You can use programs such a ProgDVB or MyTheatre, they both have softcam plugins, they are aimed at the European market, so you will need to add your own key files.
Key files? What are they and how do i do that? hehe.

Sorry for the noob questions, but ive never done anything connected with Satellite before.

Thanks alot for your help, and ill give those programs a try.

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
rolfw said:
Hi rolfw I've got progdvb also yanksee and i'm aimed at optus b1 .I also want to know about key files. how do you generate them , where do you put them, what voluntary organizations exist to help me rehabilitate from months of stress caused by trying to work all this out on my own etc. :) :rolleyes: :D
rincewind

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
Omega said:
you an aussie i assume Rincewind?
I've been accused of a lot of things in my life (some of them are even true) but an Aussie I ain't!!! there are these little islands next door call New Zealand Often thought of as a suburb of Bondi Beach :p :D

oceanboy

Reaction score
My Location
In front of PC
Just buy a sub now my lil Kiwi buddie.........

Although you can get Aurora, which is still Ird 1

rincewind

Reaction score
Website
www.dogfreckle.info
My Location
Manukau New Zealand
oceanboy said:
Just buy a sub now my lil Kiwi buddie.........

Although you can get Aurora, which is still Ird 1
I may just do that but where's the challenge???
and Aurora don't trade in N.Z.
I've only got a 90 cm dish so all i can get at useable sig.strengh is b1 and b3???
aren't aurora on pas2?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Fisho, welcome to the forum. :)

fasta

Reaction score
aurora is on OPTUS C1 which does still transmit on irdeto 1 everthing else ie foxtel/austar is irdeto 2 which so far is uncracked although i have gathered alot of info and wish i could crack it (have spent 8 to 10hrs a day for 8 weeks) would be interested to trade notes with anybody with a simular passion that has spent as much time and knowlege and cash as i have

cheers

fasta