iredeto im a noob

noob392

Reaction score
My Location
wales
hi ive just been given a manhattan dsr 2500 cip receiver and a iredeto cam and funcard 4, the iredeto cam is p/n 901275 x and a small sticker on it says 1.06.
beeing a noob to all this my question is if i get a programmer for the card what files do i use, can i use the 6in1 files or are there other files needed, and what can i expect to recieve from hotbird, ive also read about freecam is this card a freecam?

any help appreciated ta

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To my knowledge that CAM cannot be converted to Freecam by laptop, so a 6-in-1 file will not work, unless that is, the receiver is patched to enable a Eurocam to act as a Freecam.

noob392

Reaction score
My Location
wales
rolfw said:
To my knowledge that CAM cannot be converted to Freecam by laptop, so a 6-in-1 file will not work, unless that is, the receiver is patched to enable a Eurocam to act as a Freecam.
how can i tell if the reciever has been patched or not, if not , how can it be patched thanx

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not sure whether there is a patch for the 2500 which will make the eurocam act like a Freecam, just checked on a couple of manhattan forums and it doesn't appear so. The 901275 version of the irdeto cam cannot be flashed without opening the cam and removing the chip, so looks like you may need a new CAM.

noob392

Reaction score
My Location
wales
rolfw said:
I'm not sure whether there is a patch for the 2500 which will make the eurocam act like a Freecam, just checked on a couple of manhattan forums and it doesn't appear so. The 901275 version of the irdeto cam cannot be flashed without opening the cam and removing the chip, so looks like you may need a new CAM.
am i right in thinking i could update the card with irdeto files only,for irdeto encrypted channels, also what new cam would you reccomend

thanx

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There aren't many channels available now on irdeto1.

There are quite a few CAMs which do very much the same thing, best have a look through the CAMs and decoders section.

The most popular at the moment are, Dragon, Matrix Revolution, X-CAM and Reality CAM, you will need some method to program them, either a laptop (for the matrix, X-CAM and Reality, a loader card for the Dragon and X-CAM, or a couple of Fun6 Cards for Matrix and Reality CAM. Be aware that not all CAMs work with all receivers.

You may also consider a phoenix programmer and Titanium card.