Irish TV channels and Astra 2D in Madrid

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Just for the reference if anyone is interested.

Have just changed my dish from a Tecatel 1.35 dish to a 1.8 Prodelin fibre dish.

With the 1.35

All vertical transponders with clear reception 24/7
Horizontal transponders clear reception from early morning to 13.00 approx. Reception intermitent from then on but never any picture after 19.00 approx.
Reception patterns the same regardless of box make and model and have tried with various LNB's

With the 1.8 Prodelin (and LNB adaptor)with Sharp 0.4 40mm LNB
Reception of Horizontal transponders solid until 21.00-22.00 approx.

Will try the 1.8 Prodelin with MTI C120 Flange and report back.

chrisgeorge

Reaction score
Do you have anymore news - on your experiments.

I also am having difficulties with a 1.8m dish in North Madrid.

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Currently working with a Sky + box and an Invacom 0.3 quad C120 LNB. The reception seemed to be a bit better with the Pace 2600 box and Sharp LNB.

2D Horizontal channels tend to disappear at midday though can often see the subtitles but not the actual picture.

2D Horizontal channels come back in late evening and go as before to 21.00/22.00

Exception is Hallmark and Eurosportnews Horizontal frequency which tends to be stronger.

However I get the impression that some models work better than others for different frequencies or if not that the very slightest percentage of a millimetre can make an important difference.

Is your dish a Prodelin as well?

Why don't you send me a PM and we can chat over the phone?

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
With the massive storm we have on Sunday night, nearly 4,000 lightening strikes, all 2D Horizontal channels gone from about 11 am onwards. 2D vertical channels still OK