Irte Omnisat Echostar compatable ?

chevron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OMNISAT
My Location
London
HI ....

I have a Irte Omnisat system the control box isnt that good i have a 1 metre triax dosh up as well , i fancy some near gear could i say just buy a new echostar is this the "Best Reciever" reciever and keep the dish/motor or would it need a whole replacement, seen those new force frontier systems are they any good fixed dish with a few lnbs on ?

Thanks Chevron .

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
In most cases, you can keep your original dish & motor and replace the receiver. If you have a 36v motor/actuator though you may need to buy whats called a Vbox to convert DiSEqC signals into 36v commands.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Force Wave Frontier is a nice option if you require instant channel zapping, but is of course limited in the range of arc it will receive and is more expensive than the motorised option, once you get to more than a few LNBs.

With the Triax 1 metre, you could go for a DiseqC motor (provided it isn't in a very exposed location) and then any one of several excellent patchable receivers on the market, the whole conversion costing less than a couple of hundred pounds. The other option is a DiseqC receiver with a V-Box, but I'm not sure whether they work with the omnisat.

PS. The Echostar range is not really that well thought of any longer.

stocksie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 2110
Technomate 5200D
Porty 2 S Crest SL65
1m H-H Lidl 80cm on TM2200
Lidl 40cm on Omnisat.
My Location
Plymouth UK
OMNISAT is a, stand alone, remote controlled dish positioning system. It is not compatible
with any other dish moving system and cannot be controlled through any
receiver. It can position the dish in azimuth and elevation but does not
automatically off set the LNB angle like H-H and Az-El systems do.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks stocksie, haven't seen one in the flesh, so was unsure about that. :)