IRTE Omnisat - Help

Billyreh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Dear good folk of the forum,

I have a humax 5400, with a 80cm disk and uni LNB, and an Irte-omnisat. Dilema, i can get Astra and Hotbird, but what ever I try I cant get anything else. I have been trying for weeks now and still cant get a signal on any other satalite, I know that they havent fallen out of the sky.

So i request any body who has a similar setup explain to me any new ways to get 30W. I know that with an 80cm disk i should be able to get 30w on a good day, but i cant get anything.

Thanks

Billy

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Try starting with satellites nearby (Astra 2, Eutelsat 16 East and then Sirius 5E

That way you can determine how long to keep your finger on the remote button(s) to move a similar number of degrees

30 W may be behind something in the distance, go outside with a compass and have a look.

Tip of the Week
If no compass then grab an A to Z roadmap and put it on the ground with the same orientation as the road you are on, then look for 30W by looking at the direction on the map

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Billyreh, is this a new installation, or is it an existing installation which has developed a problem?

If it is a new installation, you should be able to get a signal from 1 West and as I believe you are in the UK, that is what the motor arc should have been centered on (nearly due South). There aren't many signals that will be viewable for you with an 80cm dish, but there ahould be enough to get a lock on a couple of transponders, try 11.540V 26,000 MSPS This si BBC world etc.

If you can find that, then you at least have a fighting chance of getting some other satellites, if not, you may need to do a bit of dish resetting.

Billyreh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I used to live about 1 mile from where i lived now in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, I got someone to put my dish up, I cant remember what he aligned it to originally, i used to use is on my D2mac. the settings where still stored on my Irte-omnisat astra and hotbird, it should also have sorted 1west. But I havent tried it since all the channels have gone.

I dont seem to get any signal all. I will try both your ideas tonite will let you know.

Thanks for the reply...

Billy