Is a Technomate 12volt after the p/s board?

hedge

My Satellite Setup
Soon heading for the nearest skip.
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
This was the best slot I could find for this Q .. No doubt Rolf :-worshipwill show me the error of my ways?:)

As I have a big dish on order at last, I thought i'd go for a patchable receiver for some fun.
I'm on solar panels so prefer 12volt rather than using an inverter where possible.....(I run the LCD TV that way with a voltage dropping lead).

Now I know some Dreamboxes (I'd love one, but don't think I could cope) have 12 volt in, but I can't see a Technomate pic that shows me what happens there. Do they have a 12volt socket & outboard 230 volt supply? - If not, does anyone know what the main board runs at please?

Any other well supported receivers with 12 volt facility?

Thxs :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

I Have a TM1000D and NO, there is not a 12V input.

Required input is 90V to 250V AC only. (50 to 60 Hz)
Maximum power consumption is 30W.

So with an inverter assuming a 75% efficiency, the max current
consumption would be approx 3.3 A from a 12V supply or 0.17 A from
a 230V AC supply.

The main board requires the following voltages

22V
12V
7V
5V
3.3V
5V

Cheers
Robbo

hedge

My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
Thxs for the reply Robbo, much appreciated.:)

I did get the bad news yesterday from a fleabay seller!!
Would you believe it, there was one who got his head around the concept!

It's dem various various voltages that ruin the plans.

There's a man the other side of the mountain from me trying to do the same thing, i.e. an all 12vdc system. It's just our luck that the patchable, sensitive-tunered STB with the most support can't be used on low volts DC:(.
Ah well, such is life.

I spoke to neighbour last night & he is thinking of a Silvercrest portable which he says has some support.
We both know some Dreamboxes are 12volt but they are not exactly plug&play are they:D

The search continuesO-zzz- it's exhausting work when you hardly know what you are talking about. It must be the thought of Linux for beginners looming?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The DM500 would fit the bill and is not that complex if you use the right image.

hedge

My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
Hello Rolfw :)

It is when you don't know what the term 'right image' means. Yes, really!:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A few hours spent in the Dreambox idiots' guide would set that straight, it is not as complicated as many think. ;)

hedge

My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
:)Oh dear. Seems I cannot get away from this Dreambox thingy.
So I have just been surfing & I read that some say that for a little more the 5620 is a better buy for a beginner :confused

Are we also ok with one in the outer reaches of Europe where expensive dishes roam the hillsides after the storms?

'Idiot's Guide' today then. I hope I enjoy it :)

hedge

My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
UPDATE:-

Still reading ............. Phew .................. :eek::confused

Y'know Rolfw, learning Portuguese doesn't seem so mind taxing,suddenly! - maybe it's the combination of the two that's causing the brain cells to complain? .... U-zzz

:-worshipto all those who stayed up to date with digits all the years?