Is anybody getting Norwegian TV in UK?

simbob2000

Reaction score
I have read the above with great interest as I also have a Norwegian wife that misses that bloody awful Norwegian tv!!! However I did promise that i would try and get it for her. I live right on the south coast between Portsmouth and Southampton, is there any chance that i will be able to pick up a signal before i go throwing money at this project? I am a complete newbie at this so please avoid too much techy talk if you can! :) I would really appreciate it if Mulls 74 could contact me and let me know how he got on. Thanks for reading this post and any help will be gratefully received. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
One of our customers is able to subscribe legitimately from an address in London, so if you wish to go down the legal route there should be no problem

For Southampton the channels available are on two satellites, one needs only a 90cm dish, the other can be about four times the size (1.8m) for full coverage.

Is it your own property, and do you have good neighbours ?

simbob2000

Reaction score
Yes it is my own house and i have a lot of land so a large dish won't be a problem. what equipment will i need? I only really want the Nrk 1 and 2 stations.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You dont need a large dish, a 90 or 1m should suffice

A digital receiver with CI slot, a Conax Cam and a choice of legit card or a programmer and Tit card (though the latter has a good chance of outages - which may upset the other half)