mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
I live in Hertford, near London, and my Norwegian wife would like to receive Norwegian TV. I understand that NRK broadcasts on Thor at 1W, but on the beam that is hard to pick up in the UK.
I can get a NRK/Canal+ official card from Norway but could anyone tell me what size dish would I need to pick up the channels. I am a bit of a novice and would appreciate any help on the receiver equipment I need - I've had a conax CAM mentioned to me.
Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A 1.2 metre dish should pick them up from your location Mulls74, you will need a receiver with either embedded Conax, or a CI slot to take a Conax CAM or Matrix Reloaded type CAM.

A

alexdn32

Hi there,

I can Receive NRK 1 + 2 in Grimsby, Lincs, UK with only a 80cm dish and an old Nokia 9200 receiver (Patched) , and can also receive it using a 6in1 card. It broadcasts in simulcrypt (Viaccess1/Conax).

Also just to add
Thor 1W Alternate frequency : 12322 H Symbol 27800 FEC 3/4

You should receive the following

NRK 1
NRK 2
NRK Tekstsprat

If that doesnt work also try

Thor 1W Freqency : 12399 H Symbol 27800 FEC 3/4

Hope this helps
Alex

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Thanks for that - I'll give it a whirl with an 80cm dish - don't think I'd get planning permission for a 1.2m job! Do you get NRK all the time - or just in clear weather and could I ask you where I get a 6in1 card from to try it out before I fork out for an official subscription.
Cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll be very surprised if you can pull the channels in in Hertford with the 80cm , but will be interested to hear if you do. :) Grimsby is quite a bit further East and actually in the footprint.

Reaction score
mulls74 said:
I live in Hertford, near London, and my Norwegian wife would like to receive Norwegian TV. I understand that NRK broadcasts on Thor at 1W, but on the beam that is hard to pick up in the UK.
I can get a NRK/Canal+ official card from Norway but could anyone tell me what size dish would I need to pick up the channels. I am a bit of a novice and would appreciate any help on the receiver equipment I need - I've had a conax CAM mentioned to me.
Thanks

Try to go as big as you can without planningpermission (90-1m). I've got an 85 cm in london & are able to pick up swedish channels such as SVT1 & 2, TV3, Z-TV on the Sirius (viacces). As thor has a stronger signal you should be ok for NRK/Canal+. It might be an idea to get the receiver in norway & dish here. I got mine in sweden, it works fine. (Nokia 220S). PS. make sure youve got f-connectors only and not coax-cable otherwise you may get sound & vision out of sync.

A

alexdn32

I receive NRK 1 + 2 all the time, but at late night all thats on them is the text to tell you wants on tomorrow or Norweigan Bingo.

The card itself is a Purple ATMega Card , which is programmed with an Elvis programmer, and the files are widely available on the net, just do a search on Google and you should find them, programming is quite easy, once you have done it a few times. Also if you have a Specific NRK/Canal+ receiver they may not accept any cards other than ORIGINAL Subscription ones as the software doesnt recognize anyother card. If you let me know what receiver you have , might be able to help.

Alexdn32

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Thanks for your help - I'm in the process of buying the receiver etc, so if you've got any tips, that would be great.

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
I finally took the plunge and bought a 80X90cm elliptical dish with LNB and teamed it up with an old Humax F1-VAC1 I got from a friend. The good news is that I can receive everything at 1W, including the NRK channels on Thor 3. It's early days yet and I haven't had any bad weather but the picture quality is outstanding even on channels that I thought would need a 1.2m dish.
I will upgrade the Humax box soon - at the moment it is saying 'Viaccess not applicable' for channels that are supposed to be in the clear and not displaying them. But I thought I'd pass on the good news about the smaller dish's performance.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Free Norwegian - 1W

12399 H 27800 3/4
12322 H 27800 3/4
12226 H 27800 7/8
10988 V 00611 3/4

A

alexdn32

@mulls74

Pleased to hear you got set up , sorry for late replies , computer was on blink!
Hope all goes well and Merry Xmas!

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Thanks - it quite rare in life that something exceeds all expectations. All we need now is a crack for Conax and I'll be 100 per cent happy!

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Conax is cracked but it will cost you €380!!!

A

alexdn32

Boy that was quick for it to be cracked , I thought C.Digital had just changed there cards again!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It is a "private hack", which probably means that it isn't a hack at all, more than likely has come from someone with inside information.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
pajo100 said:
Conax is cracked but it will cost you €380!!!
*Ahem*

The price may just have come down

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Because there is an emulator file, Titanium file and also it's rumoured, a Mega file now available.

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
alexdn32 said:
Boy that was quick for it to be cracked , I thought C.Digital had just changed there cards again!!

strange .. I don't think they've changed their cards yet, at least I haven't got a new one for two years and I'm a subscriber.

A

alexdn32

leonardwolk said:
strange .. I don't think they've changed their cards yet, at least I haven't got a new one for two years and I'm a subscriber.

Sorry if i was wrong , but i heard that CD had changed cards , where abouts are you! , I could do with knowing how much a sub is and how i could get one!

Alexdn32