Is Ebay Safe

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the ebay auction site is safe for buying bargain digiboxes.

Is there any reasons why I should stay clear from ebay ?

People warn me that you might get a faulty box. Has anyone experienced this or is there any sellers that are not recommended ?

Thankyou for your help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You run the risk of getting a faulty digibox wherever you buy it from Maxi 1, it may well have been in perfect working order the last time it was switched on, but the minute it is plugged in a new fault can materialise.

"You pays yer money and you takes yer chance"

It can happen equally with a brand new box as well.

Geoff Simpson

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ebay can be a very good source, probally wise not to buy unless the person has a very good rating (check this by clicking on the number in brackets next to seller name) I've bought over 50 items with no problem so far (touch wood) some even offer money back but you usally pay a little more - good luck - Geoff

radioscanner

Reaction score
be aware when buying second hand digiboxes, I have bought 3 on ebay...1 of them arrived though the post in peices..the other worked fine for 2 weeks then the picture started breaking up , the other worked for 3 months and the power supley conked out.
I paid around 80 pounds each for them, so I may as well have bought a new one with a garantee.
oh well you live and learn
:(
but you may have good luck...you never know-.

D

Deleted

I have bought 2 digiboxes through eBay; no problems. Tips: check the sellers rating, not just for negative or neutral feedback, but also the positive comments. If only a handful, he's new to the game. Also check what card, if any, is offered, and the seller's location which dictates which BBC region you get.

Generally, eBayers are an honest bunch, but just like real life, there's always a rotten apple in there somewhere.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just a small warning

ebay is the correct spelling and case for the official site, some people were emailed by a site Ebay late last yea, which claimed to be part of the survey and customer satisfaction team

Many gave their credit card and other secure details by return and have been scammed on the official site (false bidding) ripped off for goods using cards, or have had their personal details sent out to email bulk posters

Beware when giving out any information, make sure its a secure connection

Ive had absolutely no problems with ebay for nearly a year

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Use the ninth wonder that is the Internet to find out

D

Deleted

No, it's definately small e, big b, small a, small y: eBay. Check it out at ebay.com, or ebay.de, or ebay.fr, or ebay.co.uk, or...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It's safer to get a Paypal or Worldpay account I would have thought. As for posting confidential info in an email aaarrrrrggghhhh.