Is Ginger worth £2 million a year?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Checking the BBC presenters' pay grades forced to be revealed this morning, to my surprise Chris Evans appeared to trouser over two million pounds sterling this last year for shouting at listeners and cueing up some records on the BBC radio.

Claudia Winkleman is the highest female earner at half a million P.A.

These sums seem excessive to me, but I suppose this is the going rate for the cult of celebrity we have today.

BBC pay: Chris Evans tops list of best-paid stars - BBC News

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Where's my pitchfork ?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Crazy, innit? o_O

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
He is not worth £2 a year let alone any millions...

In my opinion, of course.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The BBC can afford to pay what it wants, and keep them under contract, as they have guaranteed funds, regardless of the quality they produce.
I never watch any British television, and I have even had to stop listening to BBC radio, due to the poor quality.
I can no longer even listen to Test Match Special, due to the incompetent old farts, and the ex public school boy sense of humour, especially regarding men dropping their trousers.
If the BBC had a decent watchdog, instead of the BBC Trust, which is finally being scrapped, it wouldn't be allowed to get away with poor management, overpriced contracts, and shoddy quality.
If you ever listen to Radio 1xtra all the news is politically correct rubbish.
Even today, following this story, all newsbeat would discuss is how the highest paid were mostly white men, and how women should be paid more, nothing about the overpaid stars, and waste of money.
Seeing as the BBC is supposed to represent the people why can't they have rolling contracts, with limited salaries, and give new presenters a chance?
It would be cheaper, and probably better.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Never did rate him & the salary is over the topo_O

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ofcom are taking over the escalated complaints side but the primary complaints are still being handled and vetted by the very people that the complaint was made about in the first place, the reporters, editors and their staff, so they are still self regulated and sweeping an awful lot of nonsense under the carpet. One of my complaints, from three years ago, although I was one of many thousands eventually went to the Trust and it took 18 months for them to conclude, having employed the services of a university professor of languages that we were all wrong and the word Yehud in Arabic did not mean Jew, they claimed in the context of the transmission it meant Israeli. doh they think everyone is stupid and yet they get away with it time and time again because they regulate themselves. I wrote to Ofcom asking them to take over the entire procedure and they said it was not possible. So the outcome is that the BBC are still self regulating, are still paying ridiculous salaries not only to the entertainers but also to the management, it is scandalous. I note that the IBA in Israel was recently closed down because nobody was in control of it, so much so that the personnel department could not tell anyone how many employees it had, I wonder if the BBC are able to do that?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ofcom are taking over the escalated complaints side but the primary complaints are still being handled and vetted by the very people that the complaint was made about in the first place, the reporters, editors and their staff, so they are still self regulated and sweeping an awful lot of nonsense under the carpet. One of my complaints, from three years ago, although I was one of many thousands eventually went to the Trust and it took 18 months for them to conclude, having employed the services of a university professor of languages that we were all wrong and the word Yehud in Arabic did not mean Jew, they claimed in the context of the transmission it meant Israeli. doh they think everyone is stupid and yet they get away with it time and time again because they regulate themselves. I wrote to Ofcom asking them to take over the entire procedure and they said it was not possible.

Did Ofcom give a specific reason for not escalating your/others concern ?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Did Ofcom give a specific reason for not escalating your/others concern ?
The Yehud item was three years ago the contact I made in February or March
No correction I initially rang them to speak to them directly as I felt it was absurd simply duplicating the existing system, it could never achieve anything better than the crass complaints system currently in operation. I cannot remember the lady's exact words however I was left with the impression that as they did not work directly with the producers and editors etc it would further lengthen the already lengthy process thus defeating the object of the whole exercise. I still included it in my submission to them and all I got was contact from them asking if I wanted my submission made public.