is it a dbox2 or dreambox 2

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi all,
Just come back from Gran Canaria on holiday and was enquiring on there
systems they use.
They seem to be more up to date than here in Tenerife.
I asked what cards etc they have for the football and they said none,
what they said was they connect either what was called a dbox 2 or dreambox 2 they told me to the internet and satellite dish.
And this gives them showtime arabia, polsat,art and some sky calcio.
I asked if you had to manually update the box and they said it is done automatically it just upgrades its self.
They were also running 1 box and being able to show say 7 epl games
at once.
What is the box they would be using and is it as easy as it sounds.
They would'nt show me what it looked like but all the bars had them.
Anyone know how it works as would get one in my own bar.
I'm not that technical though as was a bit lost when they were talking about it.
Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They will be either card sharing, or on a local network. You still can't show more than one match at a time with a single receiver though.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks for reply Rolf.What i got told was they were using one of the boxes mentionedand changing channel through say av1, av2 on the settings.But i know one bar only had three receivers and was showing the whole epl / spl through whatever system fta or showtime etc on 30 tv's and big screens.Only using the internet and receiver.They did have a huge amount of channels, it was like 5 cards in 1 card.