• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it dead?

pant

Regular Member
Messages
174
Likes
0
#1
I have db 5620
After the hydra server went down I read somewhere here that the best image to use if you want to download softcams and keys from the internet is the gemini.So I did download it from I-have-a-dreambox site and I installed it.Everything went fine but after 2 hours dreambox stoped booting.It comes up only the boot logo and thats it.Flash erase not working.I change the image through the null cable to hydra_zeus but again only the boot logo comes and nothing else happens.Any ideas?
Thanks
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#2
pant said:
I have db 5620
After the hydra server went down I read somewhere here that the best image to use if you want to download softcams and keys from the internet is the gemini.So I did download it from I-have-a-dreambox site and I installed it.Everything went fine but after 2 hours dreambox stoped booting.It comes up only the boot logo and thats it.Flash erase not working.I change the image through the null cable to hydra_zeus but again only the boot logo comes and nothing else happens.Any ideas?
Thanks
Did you flash erase it.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#4
pant said:
As I mention on my first post Flash erase is not working.
I tried several times
Well that seems to be your problem. I would try another d load from a different site. ie w_w.dreambox.net.au/downloads.php the image might not have flashed properly or might be damaged. Havent done the manual flash for a while, back in a moment.
 

pant

Regular Member
Messages
174
Likes
0
#5
Well still cant boot and here is the report from Hyperterminal


Dreambox DM5620
Dreambox DM5620 - Bootloader V.1.00 - 04.10.2003
------- System Info --------
Processor speed = 252 MHz
EBIU speed = 63 MHz
Amount of RAM = 48 MBytes
--- Device Configuration ---
Power-On Test Devices:
000 Disabled System Memory [RAM]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
----------------------------
Boot Sources:
001 Enabled Application in Flash [FLASH]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
local=0.0.0.0 remote=255.255.255.255 hwaddr=0009341ea077
003 Disabled Serial Port 1 [S1]
Program exception
SRR0=00000000 SRR1=00000000 ESR=00000000
Die ... :-(

Any ideas?
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#6
pant said:
Well still cant boot and here is the report from Hyperterminal


Dreambox DM5620
Dreambox DM5620 - Bootloader V.1.00 - 04.10.2003
------- System Info --------
Processor speed = 252 MHz
EBIU speed = 63 MHz
Amount of RAM = 48 MBytes
--- Device Configuration ---
Power-On Test Devices:
000 Disabled System Memory [RAM]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
----------------------------
Boot Sources:
001 Enabled Application in Flash [FLASH]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
local=0.0.0.0 remote=255.255.255.255 hwaddr=0009341ea077
003 Disabled Serial Port 1 [S1]
Program exception
SRR0=00000000 SRR1=00000000 ESR=00000000
Die ... :-(

Any ideas?

Not very techie in this depart, Maybe BGonaStick could help you out here. I have a 5620 here now but now stalling on loading this image into it after your problem. I will look to see if i can get any info for you. Loaded the Gemeni into 7000s & no problem. One thing is did you load the Gemeni 5620 image. (just checking)
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#7
pant said:
I have db 5620
After the hydra server went down I read somewhere here that the best image to use if you want to download softcams and keys from the internet is the gemini.So I did download it from I-have-a-dreambox site and I installed it.Everything went fine but after 2 hours dreambox stoped booting.It comes up only the boot logo and thats it.Flash erase not working.I change the image through the null cable to hydra_zeus but again only the boot logo comes and nothing else happens.Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent you PM.
 

pant

Regular Member
Messages
174
Likes
0
#8
john_graydon said:
Sent you PM.
Thank you for all of your help.
I tried several images that was working before with my box but no luck.
I think I have destroy bootloader by not grounding dreambox when flashing the image.I called the dealer (its 1 month old the machine) and he told me to leave it out of the plug for 24 hours and then try to reflash the image and if this doesnt work then to send it back to him.
Please dont mind my english.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#9
pant said:
Thank you for all of your help.
I tried several images that was working before with my box but no luck.
I think I have destroy bootloader by not grounding dreambox when flashing the image.I called the dealer (its 1 month old the machine) and he told me to leave it out of the plug for 24 hours and then try to reflash the image and if this doesnt work then to send it back to him.
Please dont mind my english.


Just after flashing Gemeni image to 5620 with FWP. I know you cant use this as you cant config your set up. But it works Just doing a bit of work on it at the moment. Will let you know about space etc later.
 

RedDevil_UK

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,761
Likes
34
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
#10
on one occasion i tried to flash erase the box by holding the 3 buttons in on the dreambox... and for some reason it didnt seem to work???

i held the buttons in for what seemed like ages and it worked?? dunno why but i had to hold the buttons in 3 times longer than usual.... i know yours is a different model but it might be something similar
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#11
RedDevil_UK said:
on one occasion i tried to flash erase the box by holding the 3 buttons in on the dreambox... and for some reason it didnt seem to work???

i held the buttons in for what seemed like ages and it worked?? dunno why but i had to hold the buttons in 3 times longer than usual.... i know yours is a different model but it might be something similar

I think if i was Pant, the rest of my hair would be out by now.

Loaded gemeni into 5620 now and downloaded ke*s & cams. Everything fine. Control panel different that the Hydra. No Green button in use. No add on manager to show how much space you have on Var. Noticed it has 6 sats programmed in. 28e/19e/13e/5e/1w/30w. deleted 5e and just scanned for stations on those sats. Dont know how much I used. Loaded Scam Newcamd Marys and scam ke*s. Seems to be stable enough at the moment tried to crash it (just to see) but no joy.
 

pant

Regular Member
Messages
174
Likes
0
#12
john_graydon said:
I think if i was Pant, the rest of my hair would be out by now.

Loaded gemeni into 5620 now and downloaded ke*s & cams. Everything fine. Control panel different that the Hydra. No Green button in use. No add on manager to show how much space you have on Var. Noticed it has 6 sats programmed in. 28e/19e/13e/5e/1w/30w. deleted 5e and just scanned for stations on those sats. Dont know how much I used. Loaded Scam Newcamd Marys and scam ke*s. Seems to be stable enough at the moment tried to crash it (just to see) but no joy.
From the blue button you can see how much space (kb) you have left.I know gemini is a good image I had it at least for 36 hours on my box and then it crashed.But the faught was mine ,I didnt ground the machine when flash in it.Guys maybe sounds funny but use a cable to ground the dbox (from the lnb input).It ll save you from a lot of troubles.Trust me I know.........
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#13
pant said:
From the blue button you can see how much space (kb) you have left.I know gemini is a good image I had it at least for 36 hours on my box and then it crashed.But the faught was mine ,I didnt ground the machine when flash in it.Guys maybe sounds funny but use a cable to ground the dbox (from the lnb input).It ll save you from a lot of troubles.Trust me I know.........

Mine is not grounded, what exactly do you do. Do you just earth it, from earth of box to say radiator???
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,632
Likes
208
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#14
john_graydon said:
Mine is not grounded, what exactly do you do. Do you just earth it, from earth of box to say radiator???
Hi John

I did mention in my guide that grounding a box or any electrical "thing" which has a metal box can never be a bad thing.

There are a few ways: The ugly way would indeed be that you take a wire from the box to your radiator. Your wife will love you every time she sees it or trips over it :) The more elegant way would be to open up the box, and replace the original 2 wire cable with a 3 wire cable and earth it through the socket. Looks better as well, but may be an issue with warranty.
So the compromise would be to add a single earth wire from the box, and tie it together with your normal cable with caple ties or sticky tape and earth it inside a new plug.
Big Idiot Warning: Make sure you know what you are doing, don't play around with 220 AC cables/plugs/wires as the consequences can be fatal!!!!! If not sure go to an electrician and have him do it!!

But really: I would have thought that if there was an issue with Dreamboxes and earthing they would have done something about it ages ago. I am not convinced the problems that people had is because of missing earth.
Mine is not earthed.....
 

pant

Regular Member
Messages
174
Likes
0
#15
*T_G

It is not an everyday thing that about grounding.Doesnt mean that if you dont ground your box then you will face the same problem (bootloader) like me but for sure, it is not a bad thing to do and sometimes (like in my case) ll save you from troubles.The danger is bigger when you using the null modem cable to flash animage.It is better to ground it until the process is finished.