Is it only me who becomes exasperated with the media?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The present Prince Charles' memo argument.

Been listening to Sky news and their headline is "Prince Charles memo tells youth that they shouldsn't rise above their station"

Prince Charles didn't say that, niot even close, the Telegraph reported that it effectively said that, then Sky news report it as a quote.

What he actually said was:

"People think they can all be pop stars, high court judges, brilliant TV personalities or infinitely more competent heads of state without ever putting in the necessary work or having natural ability,"

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I am not surprised by anything anymore....As a matter of fact, I stopped watching the news years and years ago. I hardly ever turn it on, only if there is an important thing I might watch it. Maybe CH5 60 second round up. I keep up to date on the important stuff by reading every day the football news on the internet. And I don't feel as if I am missing anything....

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
rolfw said:
The present Prince Charles' memo argument.

Been listening to Sky news and their headline is "Prince Charles memo tells youth that they shouldsn't rise above their station"

Prince Charles didn't say that, niot even close, the Telegraph reported that it effectively said that, then Sky news report it as a quote.

What he actually said was:

"People think they can all be pop stars, high court judges, brilliant TV personalities or infinitely more competent heads of state without ever putting in the necessary work or having natural ability,"
We should remember that Rupe is a confirmed Republican. His anti-monarchist views are disseminated throughout his empire.
Don't care much for Royalty myself, but it's the best we can do until the revolution :D

Llew

loftyj

Reaction score
At least with Royalty we know what we are getting as the next head of state, unlike some of the Pompous twits the people vote in, that not only then tell their own people what to do, but us as well.

One of the problems in this day and age is everyone from 16 up thinks that thay are an expert!! even if thay are unable to read and write or able to do the job there in, and this is encouraged by the politicians who are unable to do the job they have been voted in to do look at the state of the NHS and Education as prime examples.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't only Sky News, the BBC and ITV do the same, they deliberately misquote or misrepresent a news article, long after their headline has been refuted or disproven.

I am neither supporter nor anti royalist and in fact it should not be relevant , but I do object when a supposedly responsible news station apparently deliberately misrepresent the facts.

I actually agree with what he says on this and the fact that our secretary of state for education even misrepresented what he said in an effort to sound politically correct, concerns me even more.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Sky News is undoubtedly Trashy Tabloid TV, they have been spouting "guff" since day one, they have to embelish there reporting with tacky whooshing sound effects and absolutely dreadfull animations. If anyone has seen the cult comedy classics by Chris Morris "The Day Today" & "BrassEye" I swear that Murdoch is trying to imitate them, and doing a crap job at that..

Euronews is honest and to the point, otherwise I don't usually bother anymore.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Trouble is that i like to watch home news in the background, whilst looking at the forums in the mornings and Euronews does not have the coverage.