Is it possible at all to get SKY UK in Pakistan ?

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
T90 1w 5e 13e , Triax 110 + Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Going to Pakistan for work in feb march next year and dont want to miss icc cricket world cup. Wondring is it possible to get sky sports channels on 28.2e in Pakistan ? Some on different forums saying with 240cm dish i can get channels . I know it was possible before sky move to new satellite.

Problem with Asian channels are TV screen is filled up with ads also they run to many ads all the time . I love sky live coverage best i have seen. Asian channels cant beat SKY on that.

If thats isnt possible i have to but Star Sports sub for 1 year :( Does not cost much but i dont want to waste money on that :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Extremely unlikely via satellite with the new Astra 2's.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
In a word, no. Astra 2, which Sky use for broadcasting, is not visible in the sky in Pakistan, even if it were, it is so far out of the footprint ( area of coverage) that it would be impossible to receive it.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
As said above you've got Bob Hope of getting it

When I was out in Lahore a while back the sports channel I seen (I say seen because I never watched, just flicked through) had a layout like Sky Sports News with the banner to the right of the screen and the bottom

I can't remember what channel it was but the picture quality was really poor, that might have been the way it was plumbed into the rooms via UHF though

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm theoretically you ***might*** have a slight chance for a few channels with a big enough dish - 2A south beam has been received in Yemen.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/astra-28e-received-in-yemen.162556/

However 2A is almost certainly going to be retired from 28E about the time you are heading to Pakistan, so you may as well make alternative arrangements - once the channels are reassigned to 2E, 2F & 2G you will have no chance whatsoever.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
.....like I said....

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Broadband speeds are not that bad in the large city/towns so Sky Go and a VPN might be something to explore

mr420

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD . Vu+ Solo HD
T90 1w 5e 13e , Triax 110 + Inverto Black Ultra Quad
My Location
Drammen , Norway
Hmmm

Looks like Yemeni guy lost his channels.

I have looked at few option . Buy 4g mobile sim with 30GB quota and use sky go. Or stream from dreambox which i do when i am at work.

Or get DishTV sub for 12000rupe its like 80£ for a year :) Than i have matches in HD

Any how thx for help :) Will update when i am in Pakistan :)