Is it possible? DB500 - Delaying Video to sync with Radio commentries

Vinniek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500, DM800 (snide), MBOX cam, DiSEqC Motor
My Location
London
Done a bit of a search and cant find anything on the subject.

I was wondering if it was possible to delay the video eg. timeshift about 30's so as I could listen to the footy commentry on R5 live while watching a Prem game from a euro sat?

Is there a way to record the video AND play it back with a slight delay using a DB 500 at the same time?

Thanks

poochie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon
XCAM
Dragon CAM
1m Dish
My Location
newcastle
Start by getting the most out of your dreambox by buying a dish and motor!!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
poochie said:
Start by getting the most out of your dreambox by buying a dish and motor!!!

EEEEH??? I don't think this is the answer he was looking for.

Anyway, I am not aware of such a thing, but beat me up if I am wrong: When I tried to listen to radio 5 life on the digibox and watch the dreambox it was the box that was too slow.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
TG: did you eat some shrooms before writing your signature?!

And I don't think you can "delay" the picture.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Before I got a Digitalb card I watched Chelsea on TPS with a 7000s and had radio 5 live on a 500s. The radio commentary was about 4 seconds sooner than the video, so I recorded from the 7000s and replayed with approx 5 second delay. I would well recommend the Digitalb card for saturday fottie.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Interesting, Let the forum know how you get on Vinniek. I have the same problem but haven't had time to play with it yet.
My audio is ahead of the video by a couple of seconds. I'm getting the video from the dreambox and the audio from a sly box on digital radio 5 live. I think the next time I shall try other radio stations and see if the sync is closer.

regards

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
whatsthis said:
Interesting, Let the forum know how you get on Vinniek. I have the same problem but haven't had time to play with it yet.
My audio is ahead of the video by a couple of seconds. I'm getting the video from the dreambox and the audio from a sly box on digital radio 5 live. I think the next time I shall try other radio stations and see if the sync is closer.

regards

I dont mind the commentary on tps or sport tv. It really doesnt bother me 1 bit. They have the same names in spanish or porto. ie Chec,Terry, Lampard,Duff,Drogba.....Goal...Goal....Goal, Sorry getting carried away. Anyway aint we getting it FREE.

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Seem to recall quite a few years ago a Ferguson vcr ..3V20 or 30 i think (built like a battleship) that used a bucket brigade circuit to delay the sound (cant remember why, .....but think it was highlighted by a fault that was common to them at the time that made the audeo sound as though it was out of synch)
i will have to look back and see if i can find more details....when i get time :)

:) :) :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
john_graydon said:
Anyway aint we getting it FREE.

You mean you don't subscribe? :-laugh

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
You mean you don't subscribe? :-laugh

Educational viewing.