Is it possible to hack empty transponders in satellites?

satdxer

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
south india
Is it possible to hack empty transponders in satellites?

please go through the below news.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
What will u get if u scan empty Tp, Nothing, and what is the news, which one is the link, and were is it.

satdxer

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
south india
sorry, here is the news

Intelsat has shut down a satellite transponder used illegally by the LTTE to broadcast propaganda radio and TV programmes.

The US based satellite company has terminated the unauthorised use of one of its satellites, Intelsat 12, by the LTTE for its TV and radio transmissions to Europe and Asia

and on the 13.4.07:

Intelsat does not tolerate terrorists operating illegally on it satellites. Since we first learned of the LTTE’s signal piracy, we have been actively pursuing a number of technical alternatives to halt the transmissions.

(Mr.)Spector (from Intelsat) maintained the position of the corporation that the LTTE was pirating an empty transponder frequency of their Satellite 12 for the broadcasts. He said it was actually stealing the space of the satellite and called it piracy.

My Satellite Setup
AverTV Dvb-S ,
Diseq 1.1(4 port),
60CM Ku Band Dish - Nss6,
12ft Meshed C-band Dish - Insat 2E/3B/4A,
Adteknik Mp3.6 USB Card Reader.
+
Hathway(DVB-C) Humax STB
+
Planing to Buy Tata sky & 120 Ku band Dish & a DVB-c Card
My Location
Pune, India
i suppose that it can be done. Earlier in this news that some one transmitted a powerfull signal which distrupted the orignal broadcast from HBO..
Check this...
**w.totse.com/en/media/cable_and_satellite_television_hacks/hbohack.html