Is it time for Dame Edna to hang up her truss?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Terrible that the show has been dug up and put on TV again. The guy who acts out his fantasies as the dame of shame is now 75 years old. :eek:
What a terrible Saturday night. Dame Edna, Joseph and coat, dire Dr Who, a new Lotto show. Aghhh. Awful, awful, and err...awful. ;)
Your views please. And please don't suggest bringing back Michael Aspel coz he is 74. Nothing ageist, but he has been on TV long enough. There should be new, up-and-coming talent. What ya think? :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
In a word, yes. It just shows how desperate ITV are. Why oh why can't they just copy NBC and do Saturday Night Live UK?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Or perish the thought, do something original? :-lmao

PS. Didn't watch the shows in question, apart from Dr Who and thought that wasn't too bad. :)

Just because someone is 75 doesn't mean that they can't be funny, are you saying that you watched the show and it wasn't funny Saturlight?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
Or perish the thought, do something original?

Yeah, but we all know anything that's 'new' is just a reinvention of something that's come before. I really think a UK version of SNL could work, given the right conditions.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Bring back Old Mother Riley, I say :-rofl2

Llew

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I watched Dr Who, but not Dame Edna - I saw the trailers for the latter and that was a turn off. ;)

Dr Who was okay - sorry to be harsh. And already I have that sexy assistant on my mobile wallpaper.

I just wish there had been more to the story other than an elderly vampire, rhinos in space, and a hospital on the moon. :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I have a lot of time for Sir Les Patterson, reminds me of somebody not too far from here.

_http://www.sirlespatterson.com/articles/