Is it worth buying a programmer?

Gizmo2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
As a total newbie i have been reading up thouroughly over the past few weeks on this forum. I have a force D-master 1122 receiver that has a built in irdeto and viacess cams (i think), i also have space for 2 others. I really wanted to watch the channels on Hispasat at 30w, mainly football total and was prepared to buy a nagravision cam and an official card, however i have been told by "digital sales" that there are no cards for these channels just dedicated receivers available only in spain.

So i then turned my attention to the danish canal channels as all's i really am after is the live footie, some english language film channels and the odd bit of mature content. I bought an ice crypt cam from Heathrow systems as they said it had built in No zap but my receiver wouldn't recognise the cam at all so i went for a matrix cam. However i was hoping it would decode the nagra vision signal but not let me in without a card, however it kept coming up "unable to decode signal" so i assumed the cam wasn't working so returned it.

I am now interested in programming my own card for a few channels, namely either the Dutch, French or Danish Canal + channels on 19.2e or the Canal + channels on 1w and through this forum i have identified the Elvis programmer as probably the easiest for me to use.

My questions are, firstly, would i need any extra cam(s) to view these channels? I have heard about the so called magic cam and have been reading up on it but i get totally lost when i read about downloading new software for it and patches so i think buying one would be a waste of time for me plus i have been reading about the so called viruses and for me to pay £140 then lose the cam is a bit too much cost for me.

My second question is, is it likely i will succede in being able to programme a card as i have read up on everything i can and all the links and i am still no nearer to understanding how to do it. It still seems very technical and for someone who isn't that way inclined again maybe beyond me. I was able to update codes on my old D2Mac card only because it was as easy as inputing a set of numbers using a remote control.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whatever combination you decide on Gizmo, you will need to learn some new skills, reading about them is confusing, but when you have the equipment in front of you it becomes easier.

Most of the currently available channel options may well disappear in coming weeks or months, all part of the hobby I'm afraid. Your choice now needs to take any potential changes into account, the Magic Module is still possibly the best potential all round solution, just have to make sutre that it is a genuine one.

From a programmer point of view, the Elvis is a good solid solution, perhaps not the best now, but with a lot of support available.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
@Gizmo2000, I've read your post a couple of times and it seems you think that buying a cam is all you need, you need the cam(s) for the different encryptions but, you wont get any thing without a programmed card!
With all the money you have spent buying these cams you would have been better off buying a mm as Rolf said, You need a programmer, a fun card (at least) and some 6-1 files (found in variuos places around the net) the programming part is fairly straight forward, once you have it we will help with any queries you have, you can then get most stuff on Hispat and all other sats,
Your given hobby starts here mate!
haga

Gizmo2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
First off i haven't bought any cams. My receiver has built in Irdeto and Viacess.

I bought an ice crypt cam as i was told it was the same as a MM but also had built in No Zap. However my receiver wouldn't recognise the cam. I took the receiver in to Heathrow systems and they too came to the conclusion the icecrypt was no good for my receiver. I then paid an extra £20 and they changed it for a Matrix cam which i was told was the same as a MM.
My receiver if it doesn't decode the picture will come up with one of two screens. It will either say "unable to decode signal" or "No access". Now i believed by using a Matrix cam/ MM that it would decode any signal, apart from the uncrackable ones, BUT display the message "no access" as i had no card. Is this not the case? because all's i was getting using the Matrix cam was unable to decode signal while on the channels that use irdeto or viaccess i was getting "no access"

I returned the Matrix cam as all's i was getting was unable to decode signal where i expected the "No access" message. I had paid £150 for the Matrix and thought it wasn't working (like the ice crypt).

I will this week pick up an Elvis progammer and a few fun cards....... i guess the fun starts there.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Gizmo2000

As I understand it, the Force 1122 has been superceded by the 1145 but is still supported by Force. I believe the embedded cams are Viaccess and Conax. I was looking through an advert for Force receivers with six on offer from the 1144 upwards. The company was offering special prices on cams when purchasing any of the receivers and the MM was one of these. On that basis the MM must work with those and perhaps, therefore, it's just your model where it's not compatible. Perhaps you could talk to the company I'm referring to so if you are interested, and no one else here has a better idea, let me know and I will PM you the details.

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
@gizmo, various channels will say no access and some will say unable to decode picture, it all boils down to the same thing, you will be unable to watch anything other than free to air channels unless you have a programmed card (fun) to desramble the encryption.
haga

Gizmo2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
Thanx for that. I shall be investing in an elvis programmer this week and a couple of fun cards and see how i get on.