Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Hi

At present I have a 80cm solid dish, but not sure what LNB is installed. I am having this motorised on Saturday, but am two minds weather to get him to install a Triax 88cm with a 0.3 LNB, but don't really want to do this unless I can be certain I'll be any better off.

So wondered if people can post some signal strengths from Thor (stuck here at the moment), so I can compare with my readings. It would also be helpful if you could post what are of the country you are in too and Dish size/LNB type.

I'll give you my readings here:-

Kiosk 1 = 50-55%
Eurosport = 0-20% (No Picture)
TV2 Norge = 18-20% (No Picture)

Quite a few channels on Thor which give real low readings, don't know if thats usual ?

So really wanting to know weather it would be beneficial to splash out on a slightly bigger dish or new LNB or both. Bearing in mind I am going motorised too.

Cheers for any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately the signal strengths displayed by your receiver are not calibrated to any standard, so unless the other person is using the same receiver to give you figures, the comparison is meaningless.

An 88cm dish should give you a tangiable improvement in signal over an equivalent quality 80cm, but TV2 Norge is on the Eastern Eruopean beam and would probably require a 1m or slightly bigger.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I use an 80cm on 1W but for Thor 3 need a 1.25m. (northern UK).

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Ah, forgot to mention its a Skystar 2, so if anyone is using this on Thor get posting O-Ha

So the ones, like TV Norge, even if I upgraded to a 0.3LNB and/or bigger dish (88cm), chances are are wouldn't be able to get any better signal ?

Cheers

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
The 1 west website tells you what's on Thor 3 which is the difficult one to get as the foot print barely reaches the eastern UK.

1-west.com