is my box nackred?

pandashoe

Reaction score
ive got a pace 2500b & ive just got it back out of my cupboard & tryed it install it my problem is getat signal strenth but no quality ive tryed changein the default transponder but no joy is my box nackred?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Not enough details, please supply more information.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
pandashoe said:
ive got a pace 2500b & ive just got it back out of my cupboard & tryed it install it my problem is getat signal strenth but no quality ive tryed changein the default transponder but no joy is my box nackred?

As already mentioned there is so little information given, nobody could possibly give you a sensible response.

Added to which there is no profile information telling us where you are located, no system information regarding dish type size where it is pointing and when it was last used, if you really expect help then supply the necessary details

pandashoe

Reaction score
sorry for the lack of info ive probley's posted in the wrong place as this setup isnt in a fringe area ive got a mini dish up that works with another reciver so as far as i can tell theres nowt wrong with the cable dish or lnb & its located in the uk pointin at astra 28 if you need any other info please let me know

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If the box has been out of use for a long time then it's likely tht it has missed a few software updates. This could cause loss of some channels but not, I would have thought, all of them.

Still, it's worth checking. If you go to services, system setup, system details what is the Operating System Version?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If the issue is out of date firmware, you may find that the latest version is not available for forced download, and the usual routine in such cases is to apply a great deal of patience: If left powered up (standby will do), it will eventually get the latest firmware automatically - but this can take weeks!

pandashoe

Reaction score
Operating System Version is 1.2s4f1 but i some how dont think this has any thing to do with it as on the signal test page am geting signal strength of well over 1/2 way but no signal quality at all its not locked & network id & transport stream are 0000

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
pandashoe said:
Operating System Version is 1.2s4f1 but i some how dont think this has any thing to do with it as on the signal test page am geting signal strength of well over 1/2 way but no signal quality at all its not locked & network id & transport stream are 0000

If you are absolutely certain you are pointing at 28.2/5E anmd thus picking upt Freesat channels, then assuming there is a good cable connection to the stb i.e. the central core is long enough, then it must be a faulty stb. Why did you stop using it to begin with?.....

pandashoe

Reaction score
ive been usein one of my pace 2600ci boxes that i use while in spain but iver got 3 so am goon to be selling 2 n thought i could use this one in my liveing room but ive got a sony box am useing in the bedroom so i'll just use that n buy a bushHD freesat box for the bedroom

it just seams strange that the signal bar is so strong but no qulity at all thanks for all your help