My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I recently bought a Cas2 plus programmer on ebay (brand new). My Sister installed it on her pc and updated 2 Reborn, 1 Revolutions and 1 Reloaded cam. We were using Cas studio 6.9. She plugged it in today to update our Reborns when there was a slight burning smell, not very strong. Anyway it won't recognise the cams, it says no cams inserted and when you put the Reborn cams in, it says they are revolutions cams. She tried Cas studio 6.8a and 6.7, but the same thing comes up. The lights are on and it says it is connected. This is only the second time it has been used. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be busted?

whig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate6900/ogtagensf918hd cnverted to next ye2000hd/vbox/ twin lnb/1.2 channelmaster ofset dish.
My Location
scotland
looks very much that they have sold you a clone cas interface 2,:-doh! duelabs have software in there latest upgrades to burn out clones.a bit unfair as people think they are buying original programers.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
whig said:
looks very much that they have sold you a clone cas interface 2,:-doh! duelabs have software in there latest upgrades to burn out clones.a bit unfair as people think they are buying original programers.

Oh dear, I'll check the listing, I'm sure he said it was an original. Thanks Whig.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I read about this, another measure which hits the customer, rather than the dealer, if you go onto the duolabs site, it will show the differences and if it is not genuine, you vcan insist on you money back.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Teena

My Cas2 tells me I have a Revolutions CAM in when I click on Reborn (don't have that CAM BTW) so I would ignore that little bug.

If it isn't detecting your CAM, your observation that something apparently went up in smoke sounds ominous. Afraid it might be terminal :(

Llew

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
rolfw said:
Yes, I read about this, another measure which hits the customer, rather than the dealer, if you go onto the duolabs site, it will show the differences and if it is not genuine, you vcan insist on you money back.

Just checked Rolfw, it looks identical and everything it lists came in the box and it says original programmer on the box, saying that though you never can tell. I'll get in touch with the guy and see what he says, it could just be a faulty one. Thanks for your help guys, as always I don't know what I'd do without this great forum.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hi guys, just a quick update. I sent back the programmer telling him about the problems. He then sent a nasty email saying that the pins were bent and that caused a short and that it was my fault. Well I am furious because I know for a fact that not one of the pins were bent and he is trying to cover his own back. I have to wait now to see what his reply to my email is. He knows damn rightly that he is in the wrong, but there is no way to prove it unfortunately. Fingers crossed. 'O'-red

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
He is refusing to replace the faulty item and he actually wants £5 sent to him so he can return the faulty item, which incidentally only cost £2 to send. I cannot believe the nerve of this man, he said his technician looked at it and said a cam was forced into it and bent the pins, which is total nonsense, I believe that his technician has done the damage and won’t own up, therefore we are liars and should have told the truth in the first place. I am livid. I suppose nothing can be done though, it’s one of those put down to experience moments. It is so frustrating.