Is my dragan cam outdated?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I bought my dragon cam about three years ago. I used to update it quite frequently but the predator software has become harder to find and it has apparently vanished from www.**i-***.com

I still use it and the last software update (September 2006) I did means I can watch some of the Premiere channels and Hustler, 5 degrees east.

All the rest are blank. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, m8s! ;)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The old Dragon Cams are opening exactly the same channels as the T-Rex super 4.6 model, that is D+, Premiere, Cabo, SRG and various biss encrypted channels.
Although there have been no new official files, for either cam, for a number of months, there are lots of useful utilities available for editing and updating old Predator files, and there are lots of enthusiasts doing just that.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Can you not update it from the remote Micha ????

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Yes for D+, Cabo and Premiere the keys are located in OhlAladin. Go into the Menu, Debug, OhlAladin and enter the DEC keys, same as in the old matrix cam, it's a lot quicker than updating the firmware.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I tried to do that in the debug section but none of the channels accept the update. Sometimes I can't be hassed ;) then again I look at the blank screens and think, maybe I'll try again.

I'm so busy, when I have spare time, it's to watch telly, not fiddling with my debugs. If you pardon my French. :D

Thanks all the same. It's nice to know I have the equipment to be able to watch the lot. :D I might try again, but I hold out no promises. ;)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It takes less than 3 minutes to update the keys using the remote control, it takes 10-15 minutes to download and install an updated Predator file, for me it's a lot quicker to just enter the 16 sets of decimal keys, rather than use dragoncrypt to update a Predator file and then load it onto my Cam.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I know that Mickha, but when I put the keys in, the channels do not update - especially the old After Dark (Canal 18) in nagra on Hispasat. I haven't seen that since NOVEMBER.

That's why I am after another predator, obviously the last one doesn't accept manual updates. I know that sounds wrong, but I have no other explanation for it. The keys are right, but the screens remain blank. I have updated before, so I know what I am doing. Thanks all the same. Cheers. :D :)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Just to update (no pun intended), I found an old predator file on the Internet that was capable of being updated and all is fine. Thanks for your help. :) Anyway, I am happy to know the dragon is still fine, cheers again. ;) :D

And thanks Mickha. ;)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I read something about after dark, but as I don't get that satellite at the moment, had to take that dish down, I can't remember the information exactly, but I think that channel moved from 30W to 43W, along with others.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I can't get 43 degrees west .... :(

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
I get my dragon updates from dragonsupport dot nl ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Nver heard of that. ;) Thanks. :)