Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
Hi all,

I''ve got a Dreambox 7000 and a PC and want to network them wirelessly. I have a "Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-In 802.11g Wireless Router", model F5D7630-4A. I've also got a Netgear WG602 Wireless Access Point.

Are these 2 pieces good enough for the job ?

Cheers.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I can't see any reason why they couldn't be made to do the job. Read the wireless networking guide 'sticky' in this section.

damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
I've already studied it a few times but because I have different hardware, it's not that straight forward.

My Belkin Modem/Router seems correctly configured but the issue is with the Netgear AP. I can get it to see the router.

I think it's time to track down a Linksys Bridge.

Thanks for the reply and if I get it working, I'll post again here.

damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
Hello again,

I purchased the Linksys WET54G Bridge and can now cofirm that I have the wireless network up and running. I think it took about 5 minutes to configure this bridge all thanks to BGonaSTICK's useful guide. I now just wish I had done this earlier rather than messing around with that Netgear Access point.

If anyone needs some info on my configuration, feel free to ask.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nice one m8. Great piece of kit isn't it? :)

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
damomac said:
Hi all,

I've got a Dreambox 7000 and a PC and want to network them wirelessly. I have a "Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-In 802.11g Wireless Router", model F5D7630-4A. I've also got a Netgear WG602 Wireless Access Point.

With a little encouragement from BGonaSTICK, I've now managed to use a Belkin 802.11g access point to connect a Dreambox to a PC equipped with a 802.11g network card. The Dreambox is connected to the access point with a crossed ethernet cable.

Other than using the right type of ethernet cable, it was pretty straightforward to set-up. I left the access point with its default IP address and default set-up other than changing the SSID and selecting encryption. I can now transfer files to and from the Dreambox using the Filezilla FTP program simply by connecting to the Dreambox's IP address.

I need some more time to figure out how to share the PC's internet access with the Dreambox, but this isn't a big necessity for me.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
HeeHee... More congrats in order... :)