Is there a NDS CAM that will read a SKY freesat card?

Grahaem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ Super
My Location
Essex
I have just bought a Technomate 1500ci+ receiver and mated it to an existing SKY satellite dish outside my flat. When I bought the receiver I assumed that if I bought a SKY freesat card the receiver’s smart card slot would read the card. However, in my naivety I did not realise that the SKY card was NDS encoded and the receiver’s smart card slot was Connex encoded, thus it cannot read the card. As the receiver has a CI slot is there a CAM that I can buy that would read the SKY card and give channels 4 and 5? Also would this enable BBCi/ test to work?

If not I suppose my only option is to buy a second-hand SKY digibox!

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Welcome to the Forum Grahaem.

It's not possible to get a NDS CAM on its own so I guess you need to get a digibox from Sky, if you want to use your card...

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
In the Swings, a "normal" satellite receiver missing only C4 and five
On the Roundabout, a Sky "Digibox" with card getting those two missing channels....

And on the See-Saw, a Dragon/TRex CAM running a predator supporting reading NDS cards but NOT KEEP_ALIVE signals.

As you can see YMMV :)

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
sorry to drag up an old thread but i was searching on google images for nds videoguard and found this, is it a mockup or something?

http://images.google.co.uk/

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That was for the Scandanavians and is probably not compatible with the UK services.

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
true, i also thought that nds cards have to be paired, how would that work, would the card be paired to the cam?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
standard subscription cards and FTV cards which have been activated, will work in any digibox, it is only premium channels which require pairing. But as analoguesat says, that CAM was for Scandinavian channels.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
how come the Scandinavians get a cam and we dont. are sky worried the encryption will get broken or something as is it easier cause its a cam and not a embedded receiver ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There were a large number of digital receivers already in use in scandanavia.