Is there a prob with tecnom8/MR & hispasat?

lejizz

Reaction score
I bought my technomate 5500CI and a MR cam(1.070) a few weeks ago.

I had problems right away with the TM locking and saying Module inserted, initialising- channel scrambled, when viewing Mu****ision on Hotbird 13E. I then found hispasat, and I have the same problem.. the TM locks usually after 15_40 mins... sometimes lasts a few hours before the Initializing problem.

I have a new LNB cable on my channelmaster 1.2m offset dish, which did'nt cure the problem. I then sent the cam back, recieved a "new" one but have the same prob. Guy told me to reset the reciever to factory settings, so i lost all sats, no problem just added three sats again to try it out, but now my channels on hispasat were reduced from 287 to 120 channels.

I then sent the reciever and cam back just got it back with my third cam, with just the 3 satsO-no It is back to the lockup right away )(-red and I can still only get 240 channels on hispasat.. how can I get the others channels back? I could be missing hundreds of channels on various sats. Do i have to update the software on the stb? not sure what to look for but says loader version L.4.0

Guy says that the MR 1070 and hispasat prob is not uncommon, but what about hotbird? is that an unusual occurance?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but i thought I would ask on here, BEFORE I throw it outta the window!'O'-red

russquk

Reaction score
not sure what the problem is but my technomate and mr 1070 are working fine on hispasat,are you turning on and off on a free to air channel,if you switch off/on a scrambled channel this can cause problems.

lejizz

Reaction score
russquk said:
not sure what the problem is but my technomate and mr 1070 are working fine on hispasat,are you turning on and off on a free to air channel,if you switch off/on a scrambled channel this can cause problems.
yea, i usually switch to a fta before i goto a scrambled channel. I even tried a fta no cam, switch off, insert cam in bottom slot, switch back on (fta) wait till it initializes, goto scrambled channel and it's ok for about 20 mins or so then i get the initialising banner and i have to start over again

How many channels (all) do you recieve on Hispasat?

russquk

Reaction score
im getting about 260 at the moment,this includes channels that have moved,stoped or i cant unscramble.

russquk

Reaction score
also some people have had problems with version 1.070 and have gone back to ver 1.060 you would need a programmer and fun cards etc though so might not be an option if you havent got these.

lejizz

Reaction score
russquk said:
also some people have had problems with version 1.070 and have gone back to ver 1.060 you would need a programmer and fun cards etc though so might not be an option if you havent got these.
I was told when i bought the reciever, that all i needed was 2 fun 6, which i have bought, i evev mentined that i used to use a programmer for D2*** on my analog system. what is the best programmer? as far as i see, it looks like a Phoen*x infin*ty uSB?

Had a mess around last night and on Hisp, i now have 317 channels, some are repeated on different transponders tho, but i have new channels also..

Hard to work out how to use the reciever. Is it just me or did everyone get a thin 23 page booklet that tells me nothing?

Will i need a null modem cable to update the software on the reciever, and is there a site that explains how to use and update the technom8 5500 CI?
Thanks for your replies :-beer

russquk

Reaction score
i have a phoenix infinity usb programmer and it works great,hadnt a clue what to do first time i used it but its easy now.and as far as i know you do need a null cable to update the reciever,thats next to do on my list.
the 23 page booklet is all you get and i lost mine before i read it,have not worked out how you add satellites into the list of ones in use i.e. trying to add amos etc

lejizz

Reaction score
russquk said:
i have a phoenix infinity usb programmer and it works great,hadnt a clue what to do first time i used it but its easy now.and as far as i know you do need a null cable to update the reciever,thats next to do on my list.
the 23 page booklet is all you get and i lost mine before i read it,have not worked out how you add satellites into the list of ones in use i.e. trying to add amos etc
That's what i mean, the booklet doesnt tell you how to do stuff like that.

What i did was on the remote, press Menu-Installation-satellite setup-ok-on satellite, right joystick-goto page 10/11 in sats menu find newsat1-ok-red button to edit the name-exit- down joy to input sat position-exit .

If you go to www.technomate.com you can get a "manual" in the download section.