Is there any rule based recording plugin?

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD - Sky HD Subscription, Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card.
My Location
East Anglia
Is there a better way to set recordings than the inbuilt timer function, it is very basic! Is there any way say to set a timer on channel X for any instance of program Y like you can on a lot of PVR's

I'm not looking particularly for series link, just to be able to set recordings for say recording Ice Road Truckers everytime it is aired on HistoryHD or just every weekday or weekend.

I do not really want to set a timer under the current feature to record a program at a set time as some of the programs I record air at different times.

Any Idea is something like this exists?

John

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
Solved - Found the AutoTimer plugin, D'oh!

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I finally tracked down the autotimer plugin and downloaded it. How do you find it for reliability and features? On the website it seemed like it had many problems, including causing reboots. So I would like some English input (which I ubderstand rather guessing my way around German) about it before I install it. It also looked like it requires e2_loadepg to be installed. Is this right?
Any comments appreciated.
I am not hijacking the thread (I hope) as it is still on the same topic.

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
To be honest, I haven't had a lot of time to test it thoroughly but it seems to be working fine. I had such high hopes for this box and to be honest I find it lacking some basic functionality as a decent epg and recording functions.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Jismo: Have you tried e2_loadepg? It is quite good. You have to set the time zone as it is set up for central europe, but then it gives you a one week epg with info.

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Anglia
I haven't, will play around with this later. Thanks