Is there any universal reviecer

alaveny

Reaction score
I'm interesting buying a digital satellite receiver,so please can You
help me:is there on market dig.receiver to watch irdeto, viacess & other
acess ,conax , meidaguard ,universal for all CA?
thanks alot

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most reasonable receivers have CI slots so you can fit CAMS into them. These allow decryption of the various scrambling channels with an appropriate card.

Dreambox and other linux receivers allow emulation of cams, and theres plenty of info about them on the Dreambox section of the forum.

Many pay services are secure these days sont dont expect to be able to watch all channels for free.

alaveny

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replay..
If there is a choice which one should i go for as multisystem CAM reciever
1-DreamBox
2-Humax
3-Nokia 9600
4-?

Thanks alot ....

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
dreambox is the best choice , i think.:-snowman

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dreambox is a good receiver, BUT it is a high end enthusiasts receiver with a very steep learning curve as it runs on linux.

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Dreambox 7020 is the one I chose. Still waiting for it to arrive then I'll give my verdict as a first time user. I've only had Sky with an Amstrad box up until now. Unless I include analogue with a Pace, which is definitely worth mentioning come to think of it, I had alot of fun watching german chans with that..

alaveny

Reaction score
Thank you all for the beautiful replays..wait for more :)
thanks rockchang tonguedv and analoguesat......

i would like to buy reciever which can access all via access media gurad conax etc..no matter how much it would cost ..its just one time payment :)....so i think i would go for dreambox 7020

analoguesat please explain little more if u dont mind "BUT it is a high end enthusiasts receiver with a very steep learning curve as it runs on linux"

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
alaveny said:
"BUT it is a high end enthusiasts receiver with a very steep learning curve as it runs on linux"

What he's saying is that if you don't have any knowledge of Linux computer systems, and receiver systems it's a right bitch.
If you do then good luck, but if you don't then you have a bloody hard job learning about them.
If you want a nice easy life with time to actually watch the channels you hope to find then think about the Technomate TM-1500ci+ Super which has a "magic card reader" for any make of card, as well as an extra cam slot all for just over a £100, it's a bloody bargain.
Have a look in "Receiver Reviews" for one on the Technomate by the_wizz.

:-snowman

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
Also not to forget are the m-Vision receivers, especially the VN series. You get a CI,"magic" Cardreader and over an ADSL connection access to loads of channels via FS. And all of it without much knowlege about it.....come to think of it,without any know how.

Only drawback is the not so top notch picture quality but you have to get a really nice set to see a difference.

Greetings
Chris

alaveny

Reaction score
Hi ROB thanks for your comment...
Yap i need something ease and which can read "ALL CARDS" and "CAMS"...
So where can i go for review and please tell me "Technomate TM-1500ci+ Super " what is super ?? is it "Super Technomate TM-1500ci"??please tell me from where can i buy it??

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Super is for super fast blind search, and the review is in the "Receiver Review" section and then look for the review by the_wizzz called "My Thorough Review Of The Technomate 1500ci & 1000 Range".

alaveny

Reaction score
Thanks again ROB what is your comment on "Technomate 7755 2VA 2CI " or "Technomate 1500ci "which of the two would be prefered?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
You wanted a receiver which will let you use different cards, well the 1500 is the only one with a magic card reader.
I have never used (or even seen) a 7755 but I know that it has 2 viaccess slots and 2 common interface slots for cams of your choice. This model is also harder to obtain "patches" for than the 1000 series.
Check out the specs of all Technomate receivers at:-
www.technomate.com/products2.php

Then it's up to you.
Happy hunting
Rob

alaveny

Reaction score
Hi.....
Actually i said which one is the best because there is not much difference between the two prices one is for 170-180 and the other is for 200-210 thats why.......
Thanks alot for the beautiful comments and suggestions..
Once again i thank every body for their cooperation......

alaveny

Reaction score
Rob so i think i should go for 1500ci because the patches is eaisly available........please correct me if i m wrong

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I have a Tech 1500CI+ which is easy to patch,as a CI slot and a card reader.Not bad for the money although now I'd probably get the super.Don't think I'd go for a Dreambox as a first machine,but mabye later once I had a little experience of sat.

jack0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARCOM X550D SUPER
HW:9.6
LOADER:2.0
My Location
SYRIA
starcom family is the best
i mean "starcom 3500cuci ultra"!
which can access all viaccess media gurad conax biss irdeto etc
and all cards
here the site:
w*w.satdw.com

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
alaveny said:
Rob so i think i should go for 1500ci because the patches is eaisly available..

Correct.:-thumbup

Taruzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bigsat dsr 6500
My Location
Portugal
I need the firmware for a BIGSAT DSR6500 to catch the TV CABO from hispasat.. Or oder firmware..
send to Email address removed please

(Sorry my inglish)