Is there anything out there + Please help how do I connect?

My Location
Birmingham,W.Mids UK
Hi today I purchased a old Nokia DMAC BBS decoder box to link to my HITACHI SR2070D to use as a DMAC decoder.I have a few questions :

1) All the info I found on this net says DMAC/D2MAC are these the same?
2) Can I get anything with it?
3) How do I link it up to the Hitachi.The Hitachi has a scart input for it so I presume I just use scart to scart.The Nokia has a DATA DIN plug on it???
4) All the sites for DMAC on the net mention cards this reciver does not have a card slot.Does it use my Hitachis?

Will this thing do anything I notice that WEST satellites have channells that I should be able to get.

Sorry about the long post I am but stupid.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No Stefmeister the old BSB boxes are integrated receiver decoders and are not usable for D2MAC.

You need a proper D2MAC decoder, there are still a couple of channel around, but where to get the files i don't know.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Trac used to carry out upgrades (year and years ago) but the Nokia was the one they couldnt upgrade because of the chipset

Best to call it a day on D2MAC reception unless you are a fanatic (I would scour the free ads locally just in case but then Im totally mad for antique stuff anyway)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think I've still got a filmnet one in the loft, but can't remember whether it has a remote or not.