Is this cable any good for normal satellite use

J

Jeff_19341

It's 75 ohm, double screened, people in the know state copper screen and braid is best. I've been useing the cable with aluminium screen for years without any problems. Just make sure that there are no nicks in the plastic outer caseing and the ends are water/moisture proof. I suspect that if you were useing a long length ie 20m or so it may be better to use the cable with copper screens.
Just my opinions though.

R

Rd100

Ok nice one yes i got to do a long run and can get this cable cheap but i can get webro wf100 or wf125 from work for free next week,

Jeff_19341 said:
It's 75 ohm, double screened, people in the know state copper screen and braid is best. I've been useing the cable with aluminium screen for years without any problems. Just make sure that there are no nicks in the plastic outer caseing and the ends are water/moisture proof. I suspect that if you were useing a long length ie 20m or so it may be better to use the cable with copper screens.
Just my opinions though.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The best cable i experienced is the Kathrein LCD111, tripple screened.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The particular cable you link to is high loss and doesn't appear to be rated over 1000 Mhz, it also has a core of les than 1mm. Hang on for the WF125. :)