Is this Fibo AZ/EL mount right?

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
I'm finally going to have time to install my dish this weekend - weather permitting!

Yesterday I was just looking at the AZ/EL mount it came with and it doesn't look quite right to me. Are the pieces that clamp to the pole really supposed to be that big? If I tighten the nuts, will this not just destroy the green plastic bits?

lloyd21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm-Maybe the only one in Japan!!!
My Location
Japan
Yes that is the correct stuff. The green bit is somewhat of a anchor sleeve...you won't destroy it.

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
Thanks lloyd21, I feel a bit more reassured.

I found the mounting instructions to be a bit misleading as well. The diagrams don't show the the green plastic and the metal clamps are much smaller, having a width less than that of the body of the mount.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Actually there are two models of the mount.

One revision have the larger clamps and the other have the smaller clamps that fits inside the green plastic thing as you can see from my picture thread.

It all depends what year it was manufactured.

image_viewer.html&name=fibo90&pic=11

lloyd21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm-Maybe the only one in Japan!!!
My Location
Japan
NoProb. Ray. Your good to go, thats exactly the same one I have on my Fibo.

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Zürich/London
Hi Likvid. Yes, I noticed the smaller clamps in your pictures, that's what made me wonder if mine were right.

The plastic does seem to be quite hard, but I'll be careful not to overtighten the nuts come Saturday.

The small ones do look neater.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rav said:
Hi Likvid. Yes, I noticed the smaller clamps in your pictures, that's what made me wonder if mine were right.

The plastic does seem to be quite hard, but I'll be careful not to overtighten the nuts come Saturday.
Don't know if you could order just the smaller clamps from Germany.

Do you want the smaller clamps? otherwise you have to contact my source in Germany and you can order it from them.

Don't know why Fibo used different clamps.

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Zürich/London
Yes, if you could give me their contact details that would be great.

I'll use the ones I have in the mean time as it's about time I got my dish up!

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rav said:
Yes, if you could give me their contact details that would be great.

I'll use the ones I have in the mean time as it's about time I got my dish up!

Contact vertrieb@satmueller.de

Email them as they have hard time speaking English.

Send the pics from this thread to them and say that you need those clamps or otherwise they will prolly send you the large clamps again. :-doh!

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Zürich/London
Thanks. :-righton

garryh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2meter gregorian dish original 36v positioner motor
twin lnb
Tm 5500 cip plus
Tm9100
Humax hdci200
Silvercrest-SL65 E Dragon cam
Diablo cam
2xSS1 and SS2
V stream dvbt pci
Cas 3
My Location
Scotland
i am intrested in converting my gregorian 1.2 looking to change the mount on the back to the same as above but unsure where to get one can you help

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
garryh said:
i am intrested in converting my gregorian 1.2 looking to change the mount on the back to the same as above but unsure where to get one can you help

Not possible, it's out of production and spare parts for the 120cm model is sold out.

I have spare parts for a 120cm, but only the Polar mount, subreflector, feedarms, backplate and feedhorn.

garryh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
twin lnb
Tm 5500 cip plus
Tm9100
Humax hdci200
Diablo cam
2xSS1 and SS2
V stream dvbt pci
Cas 3
My Location
Scotland
my motor still works but it has lots of play in it now so was looking to change the motor to disq1.2 and get new clamps do you know if any one has spare set would be greatfull

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
garryh said:
my motor still works but it has lots of play in it now so was looking to change the motor to disq1.2 and get new clamps do you know if any one has spare set would be greatfull

You can't install a Fibo 120cm on a Diseqc motor like Moteck, i have tried and it is way too heavy for it.

The metal will sheer in the clamps and brackets after a while and it's living hell to adjust it with the Moteck as the Fibo dish is too heavy for it.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
garryh said:
my motor still works but it has lots of play in it now

Have you located where the play is, very often the nylon pinion and/or it's drive pin get damaged. There is an adjustment in the motor itself, but this will normally only give a small amount of backlash. Are the bolts holding the motor loose.

garryh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
twin lnb
Tm 5500 cip plus
Tm9100
Humax hdci200
Diablo cam
2xSS1 and SS2
V stream dvbt pci
Cas 3
My Location
Scotland
will check for loose bolts on the motor if it cant be done can you recomend a good dish of same spec as gregorian which can use disq 1.2 also a motor
i dont want to get rid of the dish it is one of the best dishes and i dont think i could get better
thanks for all your help

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
garryh said:
i dont want to get rid of the dish it is one of the best dishes and i dont think i could get better

Loose bolts on the motor, easily cured, backlash in the motor gear train, adjustable, damaged pinion and/or drive pin, replaceable :)

It is unlikely that the large diecast internal gear is worn on a normally used dish.

The lure of diseqc 1.2 is always there. I have modded all three sizes of Fibo, but IMO, as Likvid says, the 120cm is a bit too much for the 2100 type of diseqc motor. With a different design of mount where the axis of rotation was on the C of G it would perhaps be OK since there would be no offset loading, and the wind loading would be much reduced.

Another possibility, which I haven't tried myself, would be to remove the Fibo motor, and use a Diseqc jack (linear actuator) on the Fibo mount.:D

garryh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
twin lnb
Tm 5500 cip plus
Tm9100
Humax hdci200
Diablo cam
2xSS1 and SS2
V stream dvbt pci
Cas 3
My Location
Scotland
took the dish of and removed the motor box the white clog has play a small bit inside the pin not the outside clog but looks worse when the dish is on so used small plastic tie wrap to take up the play and it worked the motor inside looks like it was made yesterday and its only 14 years old so looks to be lots of life left in it so may have it for a few years yet but it will give up one day and will have to look at disq1.2

garryh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
twin lnb
Tm 5500 cip plus
Tm9100
Humax hdci200
Diablo cam
2xSS1 and SS2
V stream dvbt pci
Cas 3
My Location
Scotland
was able to find a clamp for the back of the fibo 1.2 to alter motor to disq 1.2 so will buy just incase i can get a motor strong enough to move and last out the rest of the dishes life i hope also have not found a dish to better the fibo dish which is years and years old why?