Is this PC any good???

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Hey all...

Recently had my pc blow up on me so i'm looking to buy a new one as soon as possible, been browsing around & found this offer from Tiny which is on offer for £699 & you get a free 17" tft screen thrown in too...
Find it here...http://www.tiny.com & the E-code is "01166"

Seems like value for money but is it any good?
Are Tiny ok to deal with?
Are the card readers on these machines any good for Sat cards of any kind?

Hope someone can advise quickly, thanks in advance...

Exxx - Capable but lazy

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
drag0nfly_69uk said:
a bit pricey for a celeron 2.4ghz, @599 is ok

Apparently it's an improved version of the old Celeron & has now been brought more into line with the Pentium 4, i think the lack of speed is balanced by the Bus speed & extra cache.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
And if you can find the same spec system for a lower price anywhere else then i'd be pleased to hear about it...

Welshtiger

Reaction score
Card reader is for memory cards only, i.e smart media compact flash. OK for getting your digital camera pics, but not much else.

Saw a similar ad in paper from them, thought the free TFT was for first 50 or so orders, otherwise £349, which makes PC nearer £1000 and you can built that spec for over £150 less. (I should know, i'm starting a computer/lan gaming club, so need dirt cheap, yet high spec pcs);)

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Seen the ads in the paper myself, though mine said for the first 500 orders only...
Just got off the phone to my local store & they said for me to call in tomorrow & even if they have gone past the '500' mark, they will still hook me up with the deal as advertised...& i'm getting it on 6months interest free credit too.

Only downside to this is that website states that it could be despatched upto 18 working days after reciept of order. *sigh*

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look on Ebay for the HPDirect PCs, they had siome pretty good deals there and delivery is quick too.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Thanks to all who offered advice & responses...

After some last minute final searching on Ebay & elsewhere, i've decided to get the Tiny machine after all, managed to get some Anti Virus software thrown in for free too, hopefully i won't be waiting too long until it gets here.

Now i can concentrate on getting me motorised & getting some new satellite gear.

Thanks again for all your input, cheers...