Is this system worth £150

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Milkybarkid said:
I think it will go to £150 or even more.
I'm with milkybarkid on this one, this is eBay, I'd put £250+ on it, why buy something second hand from the classifields when you could blow twice as much and buy it from eBay, beats me!
-cts

ps - I tried to sell a fault Amstrad SRX200 Analogue receiver once on eBay, went for 0.02p, to a chap in Slovakia, trouble is he didn't want to cough up the £28 delivery charge....

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
it is but i didnt want to say that incase I drew anymore intrest to it... so please dont anyone bid (I said please) :)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
thats music to my ears... I would like to buy everything at once then at least i wouldent be dissapointed in it not working...

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Hi gang,

thanks for the input I am now officially "in the club"
I bought the AD3000IP package but i had to pay £245 for it, Its a lot more than i antisipated spending but hey you only live once, i got it from ebay check out the link above, do you think i was robbed or is it still worth it, give it to me straight im a man i can take it (well hopefully i can) :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't like to say this, but you woz robbed... :)

That's the power of eBay. I know I probably sound like your mum now, but you really should have set yourself a sensible limit and stuck to it!!!

Hey, forget it and enjoy... :D

STICK

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
problem with ebay is that some folk get their mates to "bid" to force up the price....

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
mrminibus said:
Hi gang,

thanks for the input I am now officially "in the club"
I bought the AD3000IP package but i had to pay £245 for it, Its a lot more than i antisipated spending but hey you only live once, i got it from ebay check out the link above, do you think i was robbed or is it still worth it, give it to me straight im a man i can take it (well hopefully i can) :)

Once you have bought it,there is not much point saying "was it good value".
You work out the value to you before you bid. As has just been said,you set yourself a limit and stick to it. If you were happy to pay what you paid ,then that's all that counts.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Oh I did set a limit...... £170 !!

but then it went daft & I had been waiting for it to end for 5 days so to be honest I had had enough waiting, with P&P i have paid more than a new one,
check this out.. Echostar DSB-880 2CI 80cm Motorised System

http://www.parabolic.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=182&osCsid=622544a475a431faca3783830d65f001

but i knew the ad300 ip was supposed to be a pretty good 1 and most say triax is the best dish so im my satellite wisdom (which is none) I threw caution to the wind and as you so politely put it "got robbed" but as someone said its what its worth to u, and i have a feeling it will bring me several days of fun ( albeit putting the dish up and getting correct allighnment) am i right ? :confused

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mrminibus said:
and i have a feeling it will bring me several days of fun ( albeit putting the dish up and getting correct allighnment) am i right ? :confused

LOL, no doubt, as well as dragging from the deepest recesses of your mind various swearwords and cusses you thought you had forgotten once you'd left school. Once you have skinned your knuckles for the 15th time on a rusty U bolt, you'll know what I mean.

:)

All part of it though. Sure you'll get plenty of enjoyment. Good bunch of sat-nerds on here to keep you sane too.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Thanx I know it was a dear one the guy i got it off said he bought it in 2001 and the full system cost 995 so i realise i didnt get it super cheap but i think i have bought a reasonable system for an ok price or would u beg to differ??
I bought "digital satellite choice" today for the 1st time and there is a review on recievers and new prices it seems u have to spend 150 at least for a semi decent one, thanx for the link will check it out tomoz

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mrminibus said:
Thanx I know it was a dear one the guy i got it off said he bought it in 2001 and the full system cost 995 so i realise i didnt get it super cheap but i think i have bought a reasonable system for an ok price or would u beg to differ??
I bought "digital satellite choice" today for the 1st time and there is a review on recievers and new prices it seems u have to spend 150 at least for a semi decent one, thanx for the link will check it out tomoz

You got a good deal. Your purchase of Digital Sat Choice is also your last one - its closed a fortnight ago (I wrote the "retro" column on p20 or p23 - and that info is from head office!) O-st :(

The link is for a dedicated 3000 thread Ive started for owners of these excellent receivers to help each other and trade info.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
You may well laugh... :) I know it will be fun and games, it seems easier than sky anologue though that was hard with no signal strength on screen at least i know if im going in the right direction I hope wont i ..? Il let u know just how bad it is... did u do urs or just take the easy way and pay someone??

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
You got a good deal. Your purchase of Digital Sat Choice is also your last one - its closed a fortnight ago (I wrote the "retro" column on p20 or p23 - and that info is from head office!) O-st :(

The link is for a dedicated 3000 thread Ive started for owners of these excellent receivers to help each other and trade info.

There's only been four issues of Digital Sat Choice and it's a lot better than What Sat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mrminibus said:
You may well laugh... :) I know it will be fun and games, it seems easier than sky anologue though that was hard with no signal strength on screen at least i know if im going in the right direction I hope wont i ..? Il let u know just how bad it is... did u do urs or just take the easy way and pay someone??

Digital is harder to set up than analogue, although you get used to the tricks of the trade quickly enough. All my kit is self installed, the dishes were initially aligned using an old Pace MSS 100 analogue box (where possible)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Milkybarkid said:
There's only been four issues of Digital Sat Choice and it's a lot better than What Sat.

There definitely seemd to be more news in DSC......Apparently, the sat mag market is "difficult" at the moment :(

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Are u sure its finishing,
im sure i saw a new copy in w h smiths today?
Maybe u have been sold out??
its the only sat mag ive read so ive no comparison but i enjoyed it

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I was told it was closing effective immediately - and that was 3 or 4 weeks ago. If they are carrying on, Ive no idea whats happening.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The Feb edition is praising the idiots guide to the DB on this site.