IS THIS THE 1 (Conax hacked)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
No C*n*x CAM, but I do have a patched Humax 5400. I'm going to try it via the ToH 2.1 route.

@psats Thanks, I'll try it.

:)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
2.02 is the 1 for patched hummies (or thats wat ive read)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I've missed something Dave. I've had 2.0 and 2.0a. Now I've got 2.1. Where did you find reference to 2.02?

:confused

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
2.01 was the version i posted about here butsnce then conaxemu 2.02 was released for the hummy boys
(unless i was p*ssed when i read it and downloaded it) thinkin i might get conax on me freecam, wiped comuter sice then but it was on the link addy i posted (dated about the 6th jan)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I think we're talking about different software, Dave. I'm thinking of the TuxOnHumax 2.1 patch for the 5400. Isn't Conaxemu the program you run on the pc?
:confused

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
2old4this you said in this thread "Some other CAM types (Viacces black, Aston103, Cryptoworks,....) can be converted to Conax. "

why would i want to convert my aston103 to conax???
surely seca has far more channels on offer? I assume you are just mentioning the possibilities in case anyone is interested.

What channels are available on conax out of interest and are they only predominantly on 1 west?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just checked with Tonydoe s*t*a*r*m*a*n and apparently the 1.03 cannot be conerted to Conax, but can be converted to Nagravision, I've just sent mine off.

I'm sure that if a hack comes off for Seca II then the Freecam will be updated to deal with it, Converting the 1.03 CAM to nagra will facilitate the use of an autoupdate nagra file.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thanks rolfw for the reply. Why not just buy a magic module though, wouldnt it all be a lot easier and economical?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, I already have a Freecam and the autoupdate doesn't work with anything but a dedicated CAM I believe. The conversion is 30 Euro, so for something which was hanging around doing nothing its not too bad value.

S

steford1

I have the emulator running at 9600 with the season in a Freecam 2.018 in a Hyundai HSS-800CI. All I see is the ATR command followed by a load of .err info. The season light flashes only when the ATR goes out I assume ie there is no other traffic! Any ideas? Could it be baud rate? If so can I change this interactively with the emu or do I have to reboot with new settings in config file. Have also read that the emu should be in irdeto mode! It doesn't work in either Irdeto or Conax for me so any help there would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'm running lincardemuforwin on a laptop. There are a couple of error messages about S*c* and E*r*cr*pt size mismatches, but the final line reads: 'waiting for reset'. Any suggestions?
:) :)

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
@Wolsty,

Like you, can't get the windows version to work.

To my understanding it will only work with Win95/98/Me and not Win 2000 or XP. Something to do with the way W2k and XP access the COM ports.

Still for me it is only working with the CAM and not the embedded. Believe it is down to the Season 2b that I am using.

Pligs

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'm running Windows 98, but using the embeede CAM, patched with ToH 2.1. I suspect that the settings are wrong, so I'll go away and play with the setup.

:)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Hi lads your barkin up the wrong tree, Its got nothing to do with Operating System, As the Boot Disk boots you up in Linux, the program doesn`t actually run off your PC this way, In theory you only need floppy disk drive and com port. I Know Downloaded Linux Redhat (over a gig) for nowt. If recieving faults in code F2
key, your nearly there (com port settings OK) cables ok, so its either not enough power from season (add a 5v line to season)
this prob rare (unlucky if it happens to you) but a good thread on the Duds on how to) But more likely its a simple matter of changin baud rate, (simple took me 2 days) My advise it 2 find sompeep with the same reciever + Cam (or not in your case wolsty)inbuilt,
and scrounge a copy of there boot disk. When workin then u can try Virtual PC or simular, but too much messin to try b4.

ps wolsty never got back from work on sunday till 8.30pm 4 hoyr job took 11 hours, sorry i missed u mate. DAVE.

S

steford1

Baud rate change is as I suspected. Is there a simple way to do this without booting to windows, editing config file, then rebooting back with linux floppy? Very longwinded to change 1 parameter. What common baud rates are worth trying - currently 9600?
Thanks for help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
This thing is doing my head in, to coin a rather annoying, but somewhat apt expression. Using similar equipment to Steford1, the only way the cam will see the card is to change the Baud rate to 8861, but then it doesn't always see it, even re-booted in 98se to try and get it to work, but didn't see the card until I wiggled it, the wallbanger sees it all the time.

I would guess that the Lincardemu just doesn't like certain setups.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
I'm more puzzled than ever now. When I posted the last message, the pc was reading the Season via com port 2. When I rebooted, the whole setup went to shit and now the computer can't find the port. Weird.

:confused :confused :confused

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Jaydee has just posted a message to say that his 5400z, using the latest patch, Kinkdink software and a Goldwafer Season is fully working. I'm off to try it as soon as my copper wire internet connection will download 1.374Mb file.

Would you believe it? I can't get broadband here.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London