Issues with Reborn

theclansman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechniSat MF4-K reciever, Tsunami Flyer ZW9 laptop
My Location
Portugal
Hello all

I have bought a TechniSat MF4-K reciever, and it came with a Matrix Reborn Cam. I am a complete newbie on these subjects, but from what i realized from my researches, i need to install the loader software in my laptop, and update the Cam with the zcas2ucas.upd and then the MRB3.xx.upd. so i can insert the right configuration on my reciever.

The thing is, i was able to update the zcas2ucas.upd file in the CAM, but since then i cant do anything else with it, when i try to update any other file or even that one again im given this message: "Device not ready. Try to re-insert the CAM".

When i insert the CAM into the pcmcia slot i do hear the bip, and the loader does recognize that there is a pcmcia card in. But then i cant update nothing into it. Is it possible that my CAM is dead? Or is it a matter of drivers?

Sometimes when i insert the CAM my OS recognizes a new pcmcia card from unknown manufacturers to install, but i just cant seem to install it.

Ive found some pcmcia drivers related with reloaded like the MR_By_PCMCIA, but none related with the reborn CAM.

As i said im a complete newbie in these subjects so i apologise for any stupid questions i might have asked, for the long post and for my poor english, i did my best to make it as clear as i could. :)

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: also sorry if i posted in the wrong place

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
I had a Matrix Reloaded and it had to be initialised on a free to air channel before the software was updated. So try putting your matrix reborn in your satellite receiver and go to a free channel. Then try putting it in your laptop afterwards. Good luck

fredericko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Relook 300s with T-rex & MRB Cam.
MC720
MC930
My Location
ZA
The is a problem with notebooks that use Texas Instruments as their PCMCIA h/w supplier.

Use Duolabs CAS3 to program.

Regards

Fred