istar 9700 plus IPTV box

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor : HD Line DisceqC Motor 50-120 ( apparently a Moteck SG2100A clone)
Dish : Dur- Line Aluminium 75/80cm
LNB : Dur - Line Twin
4. Receiver: Fortec Star HD Passion Plus ( 2010 )
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Goo morning everyone,

I hope everyone are keeping well and safe.
Just one question regarding to the Istar 9700 plus box, Does anybody have an opinion about the service and channels available, specially the English and Spanish ones ? I know it is IPTV internet and they are on the move to increase their share in the international TV everywhere so I wonder if any of you know more about the rules and regulations about this kind of service as people are watching a lot of channels that you cannot get through the normal satellites .

Many thanks

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I wonder if any of you know more about the rules and regulations about this kind of service as people are watching a lot of channels that you cannot get through the normal satellites .
Which channels (Spanish and English) do you believe are unavailable on 'normal' satellites ?

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Which channels (Spanish and English) do you believe are unavailable on 'normal' satellites ?
I know perfectly that you can get any channels ( at high cost ) through satellites such as Astra , Hispasat. The point here is to know more about the service as a there is a forum title about internet TV so only asking your opinions.
Regards and have a good day

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I know perfectly that you can get any channels ( at high cost ) through satellites such as Astra , Hispasat. The point here is to know more about the service as a there is a forum title about internet TV so only asking your opinions.
Regards and have a good day
Have you read some of the threads in the section mentioned ?

I see your tone has changed from the availability of the channels to the cost of receiving (some of) them.
Free TV from abroad has always been available using the streaming services, without a set top box as long as I have been installing digital satellite receivers.

For some clients this is the only way they can get niche content from regions where there is no satellite above the UK that shows it, they don't have permission for a large enough dish, or the price of install is beyond their means.

Once you start looking at subscription/ppv services that is where you get into the murky world of where the money actually goes with a box that works solely off the IP address you have accessed, which is part of another discussion entirely.
What is your Istar 9700 set up for and what are you getting with, or without a dish connected to it ?

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea

I see your tone has changed from the availability of the channels to the cost of receiving (some of) them.
Free TV from abroad has always been available using the streaming services, without a set top box as long as I have been installing digital satellite receivers.

For some clients this is the only way they can get niche content from regions where there is no satellite above the UK that shows it, they don't have permission for a large enough dish, or the price of install is beyond their means.

Once you start looking at subscription/ppv services that is where you get into the murky world of where the money actually goes with a box that works solely off the IP address you have accessed, which is part of another discussion entirely.
What is your Istar 9700 set up for and what are you getting with, or without a dish connected to it ?

Apologies for not replying sooner.
Thanks for your useful information about PPV and live stream through out of Lyngsat.
I will stick with my satellite dish and when the prices of Canal plus( spanish ) goes down I might buy the subscription for having more choices of channels from Spain.
Thanks. Have a good day.

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea

Apologies for not replying sooner.
Thanks for your useful information about PPV and live stream through out of Lyngsat.
I will stick with my satellite dish and when the prices of Canal plus( spanish ) goes down I might buy the subscription for having more choices of channels from Spain.
Thanks. Have a good day.