It Aint over Till The Fat Lady Sings

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Been talk about Chelsea having the Priemieship bagged before they play Man Utd. Well hope its not true as dont want the sport to end up like formula1 with Schumacher dominating for years. I lost interest in it 2 years ago after been a great admirer of it. So keep it up Man utd & Liverpool & bring it down to the wire. I know Arsenal & Man utd have dominated over the years but the same team dont win it each year, so could Chelsea break the strain ??? Wont miss the Arsenal & man Utd game for the world.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
indeed, they only have to lose two games on the bounce, then it'll get very interesting!!!!! I dont think anyone should discount Liverpool either, in the years to come they may indeed turn out to be more of a long term contender.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
john_graydon said:
Been talk about Chelsea having the Priemieship bagged before they play Man Utd. Well hope its not true as dont want the sport to end up like formula1 with Schumacher dominating for years. I lost interest in it 2 years ago after been a great admirer of it. So keep it up Man utd & Liverpool & bring it down to the wire. I know Arsenal & Man utd have dominated over the years but the same team dont win it each year, so could Chelsea break the strain ??? Wont miss the Arsenal & man Utd game for the world.
What you fear happening John was always probable with the infusion of Roman Abramovich's millions. Arsenal have never finished out of the top2 in the PL under Wenger and he's managed that with shrewed buys on a much lower budget. Mourhino is a good manager, no doubt about that but it's not a level playing field.

So if you want competition to be closer, campaign for the removal of Abramovich and let's see how it turns out. Never worked out for Chelsea before.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I like it just the way it is. If I get bored after about 20 years, I'll start going to watch Brighton in their new stadium (if the appeal to stop it being built fails) as well. In fact I'm going to do that anyway to get a little perspective!

The best manager in the Premiership at the moment is Rafa, and it takes a lot for me to say that. Arsenal and ManU will hopefully 'do a Leeds' and Wigan and Bolton will get to challenge us.

Oh, and I hope that Leeds don't get promoted this year. Never could stand that Bates bloke.

:-gnome

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
yes i hope somebody does make a fight of the premiership for football reasons , maybe liverpool could be the suprise team they are starting to find form now . but concering abramovic i think sepp blatter has a very close eye on him ,

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
i think Roman's millions are overstated as the reason behind Chelsea's success. Its still largely down to the man managment skills of Jose.

Roman's millions cant buy confidence, jus ask Beckham and company at Madrid.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Salty25 said:
i think Roman's millions are overstated as the reason behind Chelsea's success. Its still largely down to the man managment skills of Jose.

Roman's millions cant buy confidence, jus ask Beckham and company at Madrid.
Real Madrid is full of ageing players,some well past their sell by date. They were unlucky with Woodgate and didn't give Owen a proper run. Gravesen? yeah right. No comparison with Chelsea players who are preety much at the top of their game. Without Abaramovich they could not have afforded some of them. I think that's the point.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I think I can hear her singing now

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
I think I can hear her singing now

Was only listening to Montserrat Caballe this morning, Maybe it was a sign.